Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss 2010 WDW Marathon - Who's Going? Want to Meet? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by kiminicricket I was never a runner so I have been training in earnest. I am actually running my very first road race in 2 days and it's ...
    joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Re: 2010 WDW Marathon - Who's Going? Want to Meet?

Quote Originally Posted by kiminicricket View Post
    I was never a runner so I have been training in earnest. I am actually running my very first road race in 2 days and it's only a 5k but thats a big step for me. I'm just hoping to finish to be honest. I signed up for the half and I will NOT be swept!
    Good luck! Maybe I will see you there (I am also running the Half, and praying not to be swept).

Quote Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
    Joanna - I don't know how you run on a treadmill, i don't seem to have the mental focus to stay on one for more than 5 minutes, good for you. Would love to run the TOT 13, but I can never seem to get vacation in october. BTW, is the entire state of new jersey moving to florida now that Lou has made the jump?
    Thanks! It's not easy, but it's the best I can do right now. I'm hoping to get in some outdoor running after the move.

Heh, maybe. I knew I was moving back in Feb, when I was accepted for the CP. I can't wait!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

soarinsally is offline C-Ticket Holder

I will be running the 1/2 Marathon in January with my husband. So you can count us down for 2 and would love to meet up while we are there. This will be my 2nd Disney Half. Hoping to run the Disneyland 1/2 next year as well to get that 3rd Medal.

Meags16 is offline A-Ticket holder

My husband and I are both running the half. I finished my first half marathon a few weeks ago in NYC and I'm really excited about the Disney one. I'm hoping to improve my time as well. We would both be interested in meeting up with everyone!

pollioni is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey all,

I will be running the half this time (I've ran the full twice) and coaching and travelling with 20+ people from Toronto.

I also know for a fact that Carlos from the Northern Mouse podcast is also running the half.

As for a Meet, count me in, I need to show my wife that I am not the only person in the world this crazy for Disney.

Robb aka Northern Sorcerer Mickey.

kiminicricket is offline A-Ticket holder

I believe there was some mention of having a WDW radio marathon shirt available for the race, is this still in the works?

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Yes it is definitely still in the works!

Have you all begun planning your trip? I have been busy planning dining, lodging, and airfares!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

our plane tickets are paid for and the hotel is booked! I spent part of my morning configuring the dining strategy so I'm getting psyched! My Husband decided to go so that should be fun having more people to cheer us on.

Training? Huh? Oh yeah, I've been doing that too.

My group is going to the Pasta Party on Thursday night, anybody else?
    We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

Mom2crgk is offline A-Ticket holder

My dad, my husband and I will be participating in our first Disney half, so please count us in for the team! DH and I would also love to come to the meet! Just started booking Adrs this morning and am happy to say that we'll finally get to go to Le Cellier for dinner; we've only ever had lunch there!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2crgk View Post
    My dad, my husband and I will be participating in our first Disney half, so please count us in for the team! DH and I would also love to come to the meet! Just started booking Adrs this morning and am happy to say that we'll finally get to go to Le Cellier for dinner; we've only ever had lunch there!

Thanks!

You'll love it! Cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread is a meal all by itself!

MsDSmith is offline A-Ticket holder

Count me in! I'm running the full and it will be my second go at it. The 2009 Disney marathon was my first marathon ever and it was an incredible experience! If you haven't listened to it already Lou was interviewed on the Running to Disney podcast and gives a great perspective. Give it a listen on your next training run.

I'm also definitely in for a Team WDWRadio meet up!

Erin and I will be there and I should know by next week if I'm doing the half for sure or not.

(Note to self: get head examined soon!!)

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'd love to meet up with everyone.

I'm running the full marathon (my first ever) with Team AllEars and would love to see ya all

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Lou's podcast has inspired me to do a 1/2 marathon ( I want the medal and go to an exclusive party and meet great Disney friends!) so I'm a newbie. what is being "swept"?
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDSmith View Post
    Count me in! I'm running the full and it will be my second go at it. The 2009 Disney marathon was my first marathon ever and it was an incredible experience! If you haven't listened to it already Lou was interviewed on the Running to Disney podcast and gives a great perspective. Give it a listen on your next training run.

I'm also definitely in for a Team WDWRadio meet up!

That was an excellent interview. Those two could make a stone statue laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by cindymouse6 View Post
    Lou's podcast has inspired me to do a 1/2 marathon ( I want the medal and go to an exclusive party and meet great Disney friends!) so I'm a newbie. what is being "swept"?
    This is my first Half also and I was also inspired by Lou's accomplishment.

Being swept is when they make you get on a bus if you fall behind the 16 minute per mile pace. The good news is that the sweeper clock doesn't start until after the last person crosses the start line.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast