Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss 2011 WDW Marathon - Who's Going? Want to Meet? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Wow - having run the 1/2 last year, I'm always impressed by someone who finishes the Goofy. I hope to run the 10th Anniversary Goofy Challenge - maybe I can ...
    marty3d is offline Annual Passholder

Re: 2011 WDW Marathon - Who's Going? Want to Meet?

Wow - having run the 1/2 last year, I'm always impressed by someone who finishes the Goofy. I hope to run the 10th Anniversary Goofy Challenge - maybe I can be ready by then!

Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by marty3d View Post
    Wow - having run the 1/2 last year, I'm always impressed by someone who finishes the Goofy. I hope to run the 10th Anniversary Goofy Challenge - maybe I can be ready by then!
    You could be ready by next year!!!! It's not too late. It's an awesome experience.
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

I'll be there, running the Goofy! Def up for a meet

ME-MM1928 is offline A-Ticket holder

I have registered for the 5K and the marathon. I finished the half marathon last year. I have my fingers crossed for better weather next year.
    [link=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][img noborder]http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/o49xarwvrilc9y0b.png[/img][/link]

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder

Congrats. for taking the plunge and signing up for the marathon. My fingers are crossed as as well. The weather has to be better than last year. I predict warmth and abundant sunshine.
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

2011 Marathon Weekend NEWS.....

The Half Marathon is now over 50% full!!!!

If you are thinking of running the half you need to get out there and register before the race fills up

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by CIGNA | Endurance | Amateur Sports | ESPN Wide World of Sports

Also.... there will be a new Marathon medal and YOU get to choose it!!!

Cast your vote for next year's medal Mickey Medal | ESPN Wide World of Sports

GO TEAM WDW Radio!!!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

I did think it was cool that you could vote for the medal. I like #2. Too bad this isn't the year I'll be getting one. Or I guess I should say next year.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Aww Phooey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Good luck everyone!!!

I decided today that I'm going to shoot for the Disney Marathon. But between weddings and total lack of experience it looks like I'll have to wait until 2013 to give it a real shot. Wishful thinking.....but maybe by then I'd be ready to do the Goofy. I'd run the half too just to get a Donald medal to add to my shrine.

But first it's "Couch to 5K" for me. :P

Again best of luck to all of you for the rest of the year....and may you have better weather than 2010.
    Gotta love a duck in uniform.

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder

I did the Full in Jan. this past year.E and I did it together, and E started to have problems at mile 6, didn't let on until mile 16 going into AK. It was cold, the water was slushy and the bananas were frozen. E was having so much pain and problems we had gotten so slow not realizing we are falling under the 16min mile. At mile 21 there was tons of sweeper vans, E was in pain then all the sudden the crowd we were in started running. The people were pushing and shoving. That's when I realized we are in trouble. The race officials were on the side yelling 49,48, 47... and there was one near the 21 mile marker saying you got to get here!!! I told E he had to run, and he just started running, and running he did right over the bridge. We made it. Holy Cats!!
    E we have to pick up the pace or we are not going to make it. If you can't go any more stop at the medic tent. E would not stop.He was in tears, you can see he is in pain. The medics were following us, keep asking me if things were ok, I said fine so far, then an official came back and said you have to stay in front og the lady with the balloon. We looked around and she was behind us!!!! Holy cats!!! At this point E was going to stop. I took off running, cause the lady with the balloon did too!!! This was entering Hollywood studios. Then I was told to stay with the group running with the orange flag. Holy Cats!! I will never catch them! I was entering the back side of where the Osbourne lights are and they were leaving!! I took off running again. I didn't see the lady with the flag, and I saw all my friends yelling go you can do this, do not stop... Hurry up E!!
    I turned around and E was right behind me. SWEET!!! We are exiting Hollywood studios, and a lady in front of us passed out. Here we come up to mile 23, there's the vans and the officials, I was freaking out!! They were yelling 25...24..23... and the one looks up and point at E and said you are the official last runner. WE MADE IT!!!
    I was so cold so was E. I twitted that we made it, and we saw WDWDeb and she has some snacks with her and E grab some and he just took off!! I went quit when we made it to mile 26, there's the finish line!!! We made it E was crying, in pain I was screaming in joy and there was everyone!!! We had hypothermia. We finished in 7:22.
    Our friends walked us to our car, started it to get the heat going.
    For me I had a blast, E did not.
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Walt Disney World Half Marathon at 60% capacity and Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge at 50%.
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

UPDATE

Registration is still open for the following 2011 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend!

Marathon - 65% Full
    Half Marathon - 77% Full
    Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge - 70% Full
    Disney Family Fun Run 5K
    Mickey's Marathon Kids' Fest

Look for exciting news about the WDWRadio Running Team coming soon!
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

feedthebirds is offline A-Ticket holder

I was wondering if anyone running in the WDW 1/2 marathon might be interested in keeping some group goals to stay motivated? I use Nike Plus so that could be one way to log and keep up with each other? -Erin

The 2011 1/2 Marathon that is... should have clarified. Sorry!

Sorry posted twice!
    Last edited by feedthebirds; 10-07-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Posted twice!

Fun2BFree is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm in! I'm running the Full Marathon. I've done some long bike rides before (100 miles), but my longest run was a 10K. I was talking with a friend of mine who was training for the NYC Marathon, and he asked me if I would ever consider running a marathon. I replied, "The only marathon I would consider doing is the WDW Marathon." He responded, "Fine, let's do it."

So, after doing a two-day, hill infested, 160 mile bike ride on Labor Day weekend, I put the bike away and started running. Wow, what a different experience. My knees in particular were not happy. I have since adjusted, and my last long run in prep for WDW was a 20 miler that I did in 3 hours, 42 minutes. And me knees were surprisingly okay. So, finally my optimism is setting in and I feel some confidence that I can do this thing! (Unless my knees wake up on the wrong side of the bed that day.)

I wish success to all the runners!
    Click on the Boogie Woogie Bakery Boy to check out my Disney blog:

Kosher Kitchen Kabaret

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast