Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss Do you have an interest in the WDW Marathon (or Goofy's Challenge) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Many people have thought and wondered about possibly tackling the WDW Full Marathon (or even better yet Goofy's Challenge). I have written an article for you in mind. Please check ...
    Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder

Do you have an interest in the WDW Marathon (or Goofy's Challenge)

Many people have thought and wondered about possibly tackling the WDW Full Marathon (or even better yet Goofy's Challenge). I have written an article for you in mind. Please check out Looking Back: Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge 2010 | Lou Mongello's Disney Blog

My goal for this article is to inspire and create interest in the WDW Full Marathon (and Goofy Challenge). As I have said many times, if I can do it, you can too!!! It just takes a little time and courage. The memories from this magical journey are forever.

I am sure there others out there that can attest to this. Steve, for example, has done Goofy's Challenge twice.

Hope to see you at a Disney Race!!!
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Do you have an interest in the WDW Marathon (or Goofy's Challenge)

It's an incredible feeling when the medal is placed around your neck. I get choked up every time.
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

Quote Originally Posted by Born 2B Grumpy View Post
    It's an incredible feeling when the medal is placed around your neck. I get choked up every time.
    You just mention the finish and I get choked up, lol.
    Mary Jo

I get choked up just reading about it! I was tearing up at Beaches and Cream when Mojo was telling us about it. I'm so proud of you Mojo!! You are an amazing person and an awesome friend.

And Steve, you're alright too.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I get choked up just reading about it! I was tearing up at Beaches and Cream when Mojo was telling us about it. I'm so proud of you Mojo!! You are an amazing person and an awesome friend.

And Steve, you're alright too.
    Awww, thank you!! It was just amazing to have wonderful friends there to help me celebrate.
    Mary Jo

jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

Mary Jo's writing and encouragement have made me decide that I can complete the Goofy Challenge in 2012. Just waiting for the registration to open....
    I'm fairly certain that given a tiara and a nice cape, I could save the world--one sequin at a time.

2011 Donald Marathon 2:59:00. 2011 Princess Marathon
    3:12:40.
    2011 Disneyland Marathon 3:13:52. 2011 Wine & Dine Marathon --3:06:56.
    2012 Donald Marathon --. 2012 Tinkerbell Marathon --.

Grand Camping Adventure Information

mommylo is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mary jo View Post
    Many people have thought and wondered about possibly tackling the WDW Full Marathon (or even better yet Goofy's Challenge). I have written an article for you in mind. Please check out Looking Back: Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge 2010 | Lou Mongello's Disney Blog

My goal for this article is to inspire and create interest in the WDW Full Marathon (and Goofy Challenge). As I have said many times, if I can do it, you can too!!! It just takes a little time and courage. The memories from this magical journey are forever.

I am sure there others out there that can attest to this. Steve, for example, has done Goofy's Challenge twice.

Hope to see you at a Disney Race!!!
    While on the Dream Cruise (still going through withdrawal), I was totally inspired by all the people who's done the marathons. While I really want to participate in the 2012 marathon, I just can't afford to come down twice within the month (I already booked my Dec 2011 WDW/cruise). Soooo, I am definitely joining you guys Jan 2013.
    I emailed Valerie last night to join the Dream Team, and signed up for a running program in my neighbourhood so mini steps towards reaching my goal. Depending on how it goes, I plan to do the 1/2 or the full.
    Thank you MoJo for the article. I will be checking back here ALOT for ideas and inspiration.
    May (for those who met me on the cruise, I am Nathan's mom)
    2007-ASMu (Our 1st WDW trip,Grand Gathering),July08 VWL,Oct08 HGVC Int'l Drive,Dec08 HGVC Seaworld, March09 AKV,Sept09 Disneyland (D23),Oct09 AKV,Dec09 BLT & 3 day DCL Wonder,May2010 BWV, Aug 2010 GCV, Dec 2010 BCV, Feb2011 Dream Cruise with Lou, Dec 2011 BLT & DCL Dream