Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss 2011 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Usually the max time for a 5k is the same...16 mins. BUT I did the 5k last year and we finished in about an hour. They don't really get on ...

Re: 2011 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon

Usually the max time for a 5k is the same...16 mins. BUT I did the 5k last year and we finished in about an hour. They don't really get on you but you still can't go real slow either. We stopped for photos with characters and then jogged in between.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

mejkjj97 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
    What is the max time for the 5K?
    It a 16 minute mile which is just under an hour for the 5K
    Kim J

Me DH DD (7) DD (2)

Halliesmommy is offline D-Ticket Holder

I may want to run/walk the 5K I just need to get clearance first. This is could be a lot of fun!
    Becky DH DD DS

kab407 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hmmmmmmm.......

1/2 marathon-no way. I would make it a 2011 goal to do the 5K. SES???

Important question...when is the 5K run?
    Kathy

aspen37 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Todd walked the 5K in sandals last year. I plan on doing the 5K this year.
    I can walk jog it. When I was training for the relay last year I never could do 3 miles and keep a 16 minute mile.
    I'm more around the 18 minute mile. They don't give you a chip for your shoe like they do for the 1/2 marathon or relay.
    So they don't know what your time is. I think they have a time limit when they want everyone out of the MK and then do a sweep.
    I've never heard of them sweeping people for not keeping a 16 minute mile in the 5K.
    Anna

Renysmom is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by kab407 View Post
    Hmmmmmmm.......

1/2 marathon-no way. I would make it a 2011 goal to do the 5K. SES???

Important question...when is the 5K run?

You can do it if I can Kathy
    Kelly

Dec 2005 - Off Site ~ Dec 2006 - Off site ~ Dec 2007 - CSR ~ March 2008 - SSR ~ Oct 2008 Wonder Cruise and SSR ~ Oct. 2009 - Magic 7 Day Western ~ Dec 2009- SSR ~ July 2010 - Off site ~ Dec 2010 Wonder Cruise and S/D
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Still to Come - Sept./Oct 2011 Dream Cruise and F/W with Friends, Oct 2012 - 7 Day Eastern on the Fantasy

kimisabella is offline B-Ticket Holder

I would be interested in doing the 5K as well. It's definatley something to work towards during the year. I haven't ran distance in a long time... like, high school. I have been checking out some of the couch to 5K programs on the net.

What stinks is that I was looking at last year's info and included in your registration fee for the race you get a ticket to MNSSHP for the following night, and we would be leaving and wouldn't get to use the ticket.
    Andrea Vinny Kimberly Isabella

ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder

I did the 5K last year and it's a lot of fun. The course is very well done. Running/walking through the Magic Kimgdom is a real treat. You also get 1 MNSSHP ticket with your 5K registration for Sunday night.

For those on the fence about the 5K you should definately do it.

two-foxes is offline A-Ticket holder

And, if anyone is looking for a good way to start getting into running, there is a very good app called "Couch to 5k". It mixes with your iPod music so you can be prompted when to run and when to walk, but to your own tunes. It was the tool that got me ready to start training for longer distances. It starts you off nice and easy. If you don't have an iPhone or iTouch, I know there are also a few podcasts that follow the Couch to 5k run/walk training schedule, but it is just some random music with the voice prompts to tell you what to do and when.

Take it from someone who really really really disliked running a year and a half ago, but use it as my mental therapy (with some margs) now...the couch to 5k plan is great!

Good luck training to all of you who plan on doing the event! It is a blast!
    [CENTER]Jill, Tim and the crazy boys Merrick (3) and Reagan James (1)

mejkjj97 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by two-foxes View Post
    And, if anyone is looking for a good way to start getting into running, there is a very good app called "Couch to 5k". It mixes with your iPod music so you can be prompted when to run and when to walk, but to your own tunes. It was the tool that got me ready to start training for longer distances. It starts you off nice and easy. If you don't have an iPhone or iTouch, I know there are also a few podcasts that follow the Couch to 5k run/walk training schedule, but it is just some random music with the voice prompts to tell you what to do and when.

Take it from someone who really really really disliked running a year and a half ago, but use it as my mental therapy (with some margs) now...the couch to 5k plan is great!

I will 2nd that. I did not like running and always came up with reasons on why but the couch to 5k helped to build my endurance up slowly. I did it with a couple of people and registered for a 5k at the end of the 8weeks of training. we all finished with ease but NOT fast by any means but that wasn't our goal, we all just wanted to complete it.
    Kim J

Me DH DD (7) DD (2)

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    I did the 5K last year and it's a lot of fun. The course is very well done. Running/walking through the Magic Kimgdom is a real treat. You also get 1 MNSSHP ticket with your 5K registration for Sunday night.

For those on the fence about the 5K you should definately do it.
    Great about getting the ticket, bummer that we would be driving home that day and not be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by two-foxes View Post
    And, if anyone is looking for a good way to start getting into running, there is a very good app called "Couch to 5k".

This is the program I used in the past and it really does work well.
    Kelly

Dec 2005 - Off Site ~ Dec 2006 - Off site ~ Dec 2007 - CSR ~ March 2008 - SSR ~ Oct 2008 Wonder Cruise and SSR ~ Oct. 2009 - Magic 7 Day Western ~ Dec 2009- SSR ~ July 2010 - Off site ~ Dec 2010 Wonder Cruise and S/D
    Still to Come - Sept./Oct 2011 Dream Cruise and F/W with Friends, Oct 2012 - 7 Day Eastern on the Fantasy

Launchpad11B is offline Fastpass Holder

4 mile run for me this morning. I hope you all participate in the 5K. It's good to have a goal. Exercise is never a bad thing and you'll feel great when you finish!
    Paul~

Madi100 is offline D-Ticket Holder

James and I are definitely in. My brother and sister-in-law are also going to come. This is the only way I can go. If I don't do the race they will go to Florida without me.

Quote Originally Posted by Madi100 View Post
    James and I are definitely in. My brother and sister-in-law are also going to come. This is the only way I can go. If I don't do the race they will go to Florida without me.

Kelly

cocowum is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm running the half! I'm so excited! Now, I just have to figure out what I'm going to run in.

Eta: didn't see Jen's post! Woot SES 5k!
    Last edited by cocowum; 01-02-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    ~Alicia(me) DH(launchpad11B)DD(16)(Suzy)(Norman)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast