Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss 2011 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; 3 miles this evening in the nasty, nasty weather. I miss Florida! @ lorilovestigger- I would love to be a member of the WDWRadio Running Team. During the last Wine ...
    DisneyMatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: 2011 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon

3 miles this evening in the nasty, nasty weather. I miss Florida!

@ lorilovestigger- I would love to be a member of the WDWRadio Running Team. During the last Wine and Dine 1/2 there were a couple people I ran past in light blue WDWRadio shirts. I yelled out "Lou Mongello Fans!" as I ran past them, and they cheered. Very fun!
    never fear...DISNEYMATT IS HERE!!

Matt, anyone can join at any time. The next shirt order won't even go in for awhile so you can join now and order your shirt down the road.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

mejkjj97 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I would love to join also. I might be running by myself for Expedition Everest and would love to meet up with people and raise money for a good cause.
    Kim J

Me DH DD (7) DD (2)

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

Already committed to DL 1/2 on labor day and I'm definitely in for this race too (as I've already booked the vacation for that week, I might as well run. Right?)

I'll post run distances! Today - nada. Only running 4 days a week right now and today was an off day.
    BareFozzie in the box

Thumbs up Re: 2011 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon

4.2 miles today, not a very good run...time to get back in shape!

ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just thinking out loud a bit, but the day of the half marathon and half marathon relay is Disney World's 40th Birthday 10/1. I'm sure there will be a lot of celebrations that day and throughout the weekend.

DVCsince02 is offline ~~~ Official SES Member ~~~ Enabler!!! ~~~ °O° ~~~ Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    Just thinking out loud a bit, but the day of the half marathon and half marathon relay is Disney World's 40th Birthday 10/1. I'm sure there will be a lot of celebrations that day and throughout the weekend.

Jen DH DD7 DS5 DS2

1979-FWC ~ 3/89-Offsite ~ 6/99-CBR ~ 11/01-ASMu ~ 5/04-OKW ~ 11/04-BCV ~ 9/05-SSR ~ 5/07-SSR ~ 12/07-SSR ~ 5/08-OKW ~ 5/09-BCV&DCL&BWV ~
    6/09-AKV&DCL&BWV ~ 12/09-SSR ~ 12/10-VWL&DCL&BLT ~ 10/11-BCV (F&W) ~ 8/2012 DCL in NYC ~ 10/2012 DCL Fantasy ~ 2014 DLR-PARIS ~ 2016 Aulani

Thats a great thought!

I ran 4 miles yesterday, more tonight...

ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder

Ran 1.5 miles, lifted, etc, etc on Thrusday night. My lower quads are sore, but okay.

Launchpad11B is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    Ran 1.5 miles, lifted, etc, etc on Thrusday night. My lower quads are sore, but okay.
    Paul~

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Matt, anyone can join at any time. The next shirt order won't even go in for awhile so you can join now and order your shirt down the road.
    Lori- I just bit the bullet and sent Val an email today, I'm very excited to be a member of the team!

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

Got in a couple miles this morning and hitting the gym tonight. Short morning and evening workouts seem to be working the best right now.
    BareFozzie in the box

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder

So what is the typical costs with the registration for the 5K. Just wondering how much it is. If I could get off of work I might consider that and there would be 9 months to try and get to where I could do it in their time frame. I am guessing they are not giving people 3 days to finish. lol
    Rob
    DVC Member @ Saratoga Springs

jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

I sent Val a message last week!!! I am pretty sure I am part of the team!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
    What is the max time for the 5K?
    Officially, around 52 minutes. Realistically, more like 75-80.

Quote Originally Posted by kab407 View Post
    Hmmmmmmm.......

1/2 marathon-no way. I would make it a 2011 goal to do the 5K. SES???

Important question...when is the 5K run?
    In 2010, it started at 6am at the Ticket and Transportation Center.

Quote Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
    Todd walked the 5K in sandals last year. I plan on doing the 5K this year.
    I can walk jog it. When I was training for the relay last year I never could do 3 miles and keep a 16 minute mile.
    I'm more around the 18 minute mile. They don't give you a chip for your shoe like they do for the 1/2 marathon or relay.
    So they don't know what your time is. I think they have a time limit when they want everyone out of the MK and then do a sweep.
    I've never heard of them sweeping people for not keeping a 16 minute mile in the 5K.
    Note: I highly suggest NOT wearing sandals. Regardless if it goes with the theme of your costume. Sandals are not conducive to maintaining any decent time. But then again neither is draping 5˝ yards of fabric around your body and attaching it with some safety pins.

Quote Originally Posted by kab407 View Post
    Joining Jen in making it official.

Who else?
    Its in my siggie.

Quote Originally Posted by kimisabella View Post
    Alicia are you doing the half of the 5K?

As for what we are going to wear... I see tanks embellished with tons of rhinetsones - I just hope we aren't weighed down by all the bling
    There were a bunch of people in costume. It was encouraged by Disney as it was a Halloween 5K. Just be sure its something comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by kimisabella View Post
    Oh really? We've been there a few times during late sept/early Oct. and it has been H-O-T!!! We will have to be prepared for all situations!!
    It was not H-O-T at 4:45am when we left OKW.

Quote Originally Posted by two-foxes View Post
    Good luck to everyone training!

Looks like the WDW Wine in Dine is out, but the Disneyland Half Marathon is a go for me! It is a bit more cost effective when weighing out airfare from Colorado....even though our WDW annual passes will still be good, we are out of DVC points after our upcoming Feb trip.
    Woo Hoo!!! Does your February trip coincide with the Princess Half? Mine does. And I'm doing the Disneyland Half as well. Gotta get the bling. Coast to Coast, baby!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guynwdm View Post
    So what is the typical costs with the registration for the 5K. Just wondering how much it is. If I could get off of work I might consider that and there would be 9 months to try and get to where I could do it in their time frame. I am guessing they are not giving people 3 days to finish. lol
    That was a sticky point with a lot of folks for 2010. The cost of the 5K (including fees) was according to my records, $103.22. However, as ADP pointed out, this did include a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party ticket. Disney didn't let you choose what day you attended the party and didn't offer an option of foregoing the ticket. So it was rather pricey, as far as a 5K goes. But Anna, Kim and I had a blast at the party!
    I'm fairly certain that given a tiara and a nice cape, I could save the world--one sequin at a time.

2011 Donald ˝ Marathon 2:59:00. 2011 Princess ˝ Marathon
    3:12:40.
    2011 Disneyland ˝ Marathon 3:13:52. 2011 Wine & Dine ˝ Marathon --3:06:56.
    2012 Donald ˝ Marathon --. 2012 Tinkerbell ˝ Marathon --.

Grand Camping Adventure Information

5k's are usually $45 or a little more. They don't nearly as much as the half marathons do.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast