Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss Pictures during marathon in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; This is my first marathon so I'm sorry for all the questions, but I have one more. I want to have a bunch of pictures of the marathon and of ...
    wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts

Pictures during marathon

This is my first marathon so I'm sorry for all the questions, but I have one more. I want to have a bunch of pictures of the marathon and of me running in the marathon... Any suggestions? Does Disney take any photos for you that you can purchase? How many of you run with cameras? How do you carry them with you?
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

PamelaASmith is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Pictures during marathon

I was wondering that as well. DH is running in the half, and he will probably be completely done with the race before our children are even awake. He's asked us not to try and come cheer him on- he'd rather the kids stay in bed and get their rest. However, that then leaves us with the conundrum of how to get marathon pictures. I was wondering if he has to run with a photo pass card on his wrist. He showed me a youtube video about the marathon, and I believe they mentioned that Disney snaps a picture of the runners as they pass through the castle. Other than that, I don't know if other pictures are taken automatically.

Re: Pictures during marathon

I always run with my camera!! I just strap it around my wrist and carry it most of the time. I also have a iFitness belt that it will fit in too.

There will be photographers along the way taking your pictures. I can't remember the name of the company right now but about a week after the race you'll be notified that you can view your pictures. They aren't cheap!!

They are NOT photopass people. It's an outside company. So no need to card your card. Just make sure they can see your bib because that is how they group all your pics together.

Hope this helps!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com