Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss runDisney 2013!!! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by JavaPuppy I use Cardio Trainer on my Android phone. It integrates with your music and GPS. It also allows you to post your workouts to Facebook & ...
    Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: runDisney 2013!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaPuppy View Post
    I use Cardio Trainer on my Android phone. It integrates with your music and GPS. It also allows you to post your workouts to Facebook & Twitter if you so desire. It will also talk to you during your workouts giving you pace & distance information if you want it.
    I might have to check that out. Thanks! I've been using RunKeeper and it allows to post runs and gives pace & distance info but it doesn't integrate with music. Definitely will have to check it out and thanks again!
    Hypermommy

Lightyear is offline A-Ticket holder

Remember that the Marathon sign up is already 8 hours in. Sign up!!!! I did!!!
    Been there, going back, again, and again, and again.

Hey Team....how are your times and distances comming along? I want to be sure we are helping each other remember to run. I took the week off from running since my 5K..but that seems a bit over the top and lazy. Anyone getting a good surge of running time or distance in? Who has left over jelly beans from Easter that they are munching on??? (I know I am:-)) Lets hear your results and distances!!!

Have a magical day!!!!

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!

I have Nike+! I'm "FlipFlopSunshine" and I'm running the Galloway method. I'm not going far yet, but I'm getting better every day!

I'm signed up for the ToT 10 Miler and the half in January. I'm SOOOO excited!!

Disbull is offline A-Ticket holder

Just joined the running team and I'm excited to run my first Disney race in January! I ran my first half-marathon in March out in Moab, UT and had a lot of fun. Now I'm stepping up for the Disney World Marathon.

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hey all and welcome Disbull!
    My training is continuing to go well. Part of what is motivating me is my son. Our whole family is running the Expedition Everest Challenge, and while my fiancÚ, my daughter (his twin), and I all had PRs in the 30s or lower for a 5K, his was in the mid-40s. I want this to be fun for him and not a challenge, for him to be able to complete the race and enjoy the party afterwards, so I started doing C25K with him. To begin with, his runs were easy enough that I could do my own runs in the am and his in the afternoons or on my rest days, but I'm now using them as my easy runs, seeing as we are in week six. :-)

It's working, too. We did a 5K last weekend, and he got a new PR: 38 minutes! I'm so proud of him, and it really drives me to keep running, to see him grow. I can't wait till Everest! I know he's going to rock.

How is everyone else doing? Anyone else signed up for Everest? Everybody registered for WDW Marathon Weekend?
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

Hokeyboy is offline A-Ticket holder

Already registered for Disneyland Half and Tower of Terror 10miler. Tomorrow I register for the WDW Weekend full marathon -- my first full! I'm doing Galloway's speed improvement plan for Disneyland, which continues directly into his training plan for the WDW Full. I'm so excited to take on the challenge of running the full. Especially completing it at Disney.

Training is gonna be slow, steady, gradual, and consistent. The only way to do it.

Hey.... This board has been quite for a while. Is everyone off running?

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

JavaPuppy is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrunrchick View Post
    Hey.... This board has been quite for a while. Is everyone off running?
    Actually, the Forums have been a bit quiet, but my inbox has stayed rather full! I am here for any of you who have questions, concerns, or problems --> wdwradiorun@gmail.com.
    Dream Big Dream Team-ers!

Hap!

Happy Keller
    WDW Radio Running Team 'Coach'
    wdwradiorun@gmail.com

13 days until the Disneyland Half!! Is everyone tapering off or trying to get those last minute long runs in?

Hokey,
    I'm running at WDW marathon weekend, so my training is just starting to get more intense! Good luck to you and all the Disneyland runners. I know it will be awesome and hope for a full report soon! :-) Good luck!

.-

Thanks!! I'm going for my Coast-To-Coast with the Half, and once that's done it's back to training for the WDW Marathon as well. My longest run has been 15 miles, I can't even begin to imagine adding another 11 on top of that.

The Disneyland Half last Sunday was tons of fun! OK, it can't compare to WDW simply on the basis of space alone -- we spent the vast majority of the run outside Disney property on the streets of Anaheim; no characters, no video screens, basically nothing Disney at all! -- but it was well organized, well run, and a flat, fun race. DEFINITELY hitting it again next year.

If anyone's interested, I did a write-up on my blog. You can check it out here if you're so inclined.

I want to bring a camera for the marathon, but I havn't trained with a belt to which I could hold a camera in. My family is full of kiddos who won't be up untill I cross the finish line. Any suggestions? Will there be a lot of Disney sponsored photographers along the way?

Thanks and happy running!!

Christian

limabeanmom2003 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I want to bring a camera for the marathon, but I havn't trained with a belt to which I could hold a camera in. My family is full of kiddos who won't be up untill I cross the finish line. Any suggestions? Will there be a lot of Disney sponsored photographers along the way?

Thanks and happy running!!

Christian
    Hi Christian! First of all, good luck! I ran the marathon last year and it was a blast. I had a belt, but I ended up carrying my cell phone in my hand for a good part of the race. There are disney photographers all along the race, so you will have lots of photos sent to you for you to purchase. If you stop to get pics with characters, you will have more. I would suggest stopping to get your pic taken in front of the castle. They will have a couple of photographers there and you will not have to wait very long. Have fun!
    Disney World is my Happy Place!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast