Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss Run Disney training in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hey everyone, I found this cool website Running app and fitness community | RunKeeper The site allows you to post your runs and keep track of how you're doing. If ...
    wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts

Run Disney training

Hey everyone, I found this cool website
    Running app and fitness community | RunKeeper
    The site allows you to post your runs and keep track of how you're doing. If you have an iphone (not sure about other smart phones), you can also download the runkeeper app and it tracks your distance and time for you while you run. On the site you can also join "street teams". This is basically like "friending" someone on facebook and allows you to view each others runs and encourage them in posts.
    I'm going to be joining the WDW Radio running team for next years marathon and I think this would be a great way for us to encourage each other in our training!
    My profile is dmbny if you decide to join. Just let me know you're from this site. If you join, whats your profile name?!
    Last edited by wdfan; 05-30-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

JavaPuppy is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Run Disney training

There are a few others...here are a couple I have had success with...(both have iPhone and/or Android Apps):

CardioTrainer

Training Peaks

Hope This Helps,

Hap!

Happy Keller
    WDW Radio Running Team "Coach"
    wdwradiorun@gmail.com

Lightyear is offline A-Ticket holder

JavaPuppy,
    Awesome links!!! I am gonna check them out!!! Feel free to post on my blog on runDisney2013. I know some people on that would find them interesting. Have a great day!!

B. Lightyear
    aka Christian
    Been there, going back, again, and again, and again.

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

I've been using RunKeeper for something like a year now and LOVE it! Of course, I like it better when the GPS on my phone is working, which it didn't work well at all last week at Ft. Wilderness campground so I had to estimate my distance. I tried finding you on RK but I couldn't find you with your name "dmbny15". Would you be willing to give your real name so we can hook up with each other? Or maybe you can find me given the name "hypermommy"?

But you're right... great app! It's been fun to look back at my times from last March or so and see how I've improved.
    Hypermommy

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
    I've been using RunKeeper for something like a year now and LOVE it! Of course, I like it better when the GPS on my phone is working, which it didn't work well at all last week at Ft. Wilderness campground so I had to estimate my distance. I tried finding you on RK but I couldn't find you with your name "dmbny15". Would you be willing to give your real name so we can hook up with each other? Or maybe you can find me given the name "hypermommy"?

But you're right... great app! It's been fun to look back at my times from last March or so and see how I've improved.
    Hey, I'm sorry, I just saw your reply. I actually typed my name in wrong above - its just dmbny. My name in RunKeeper is Dave M. I also tried searching for "hypermommy" but nothing came up
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

anthony555 is offline A-Ticket holder

I do not have Iphone but i have Galaxy by Samsung and i think this web url will run on this mobile device as well.