Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss WDW Half Marathon 2013 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Anyone in Corral H for the Half Marathon next month? Looking for some "racing buddies". My sister was supposed to be racing with me, but due to family issues I ...
    Dzneychica is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW Half Marathon 2013

Anyone in Corral H for the Half Marathon next month? Looking for some "racing buddies". My sister was supposed to be racing with me, but due to family issues I will now be going it alone, and would love to have someone to walk with! I plan to walk the course (not up to the running yet!). Please let me know! Looking forward to meeting more of the Box People (and those that tend to be outside the box more than in it!)!!!!!

-Stephanie
    Dzneychica

Aww Phooey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Half Marathon 2013

How did you find out your corral?

I have no idea where I'm placed but there is a good chance I will be in the last one or second to last. I'm a really really slow runner (the pace requirement frightens me more than the distance ever did). But I wouldn't mind someone to talk with along the course. The rest of my group will be further ahead except for maybe my brother because I don't think he has a proof of time. But he'll leave me in the dust when the gun goes off anyway. :P

fanboy1217 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Aww Phooey View Post
    How did you find out your corral?

I have no idea where I'm placed but there is a good chance I will be in the last one or second to last. I'm a really really slow runner (the pace requirement frightens me more than the distance ever did). But I wouldn't mind someone to talk with along the course. The rest of my group will be further ahead except for maybe my brother because I don't think he has a proof of time. But he'll leave me in the dust when the gun goes off anyway. :P
    I also had to find out by doing a search and found it on a blog. I found that I will be in E. Yay for being average! Link is below

Online Verify

Aww Phooey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thank you!

It looks like I am also in corral E.
    Gotta love a duck in uniform.

fanboy1217 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Aww Phooey View Post
    Thank you!

It looks like I am also in corral E.
    The most I have run at one time during training has been about 8 miles. I think I will be ok. I usually run about a 12:30 pace so I have some buffer if I hit the wall. I think the crowds, family members, characters, etc will help me the rest of the way.

Good luck if I don't see you. My bib is 48822 with BRIGHT orange running shoes!