Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 104 of 159 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2372
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; *gets mind out of gutter* Sounds like you are doing great Bri, keep it up....
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    *gets mind out of gutter*

Sounds like you are doing great Bri, keep it up.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    So far, sounds as though you've got to be at the top of the competitors for the team, Bri. But as my favorite philosopher Han Solo once said; "Great kid, now don't get c-ocky!" Keep doing what you're doing out there, and remember to stay humble after you kick everyone else's hindquarters all the way across the Delaware.

This morning, I took the plunge and registered for an official Russian Kettlebell Instructor Certification course, the first one being held in California (since I'm stuck here at least a few more months, might as well). As much as I've trained with and trained others in the methods, I suppose it's about time I let Pavel and his crew scream at me and let me know whatever it is I've been doing wrong all this time before I go back and hammer anyone else. This won't be until February, and by registering early, I'm saving a lot of bread. I've never heard from anyone who hasn't wholeheartedly agreed that the course was well worth the price, and I'm hoping I won't be the first who does. Come that time, we'll find out what I've got.

That is so great! Can't wait to hear all about it! I know you will kick butt.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    So far, sounds as though you've got to be at the top of the competitors for the team, Bri. But as my favorite philosopher Han Solo once said; "Great kid, now don't get c-ocky!" Keep doing what you're doing out there, and remember to stay humble after you kick everyone else's hindquarters all the way across the Delaware.

This morning, I took the plunge and registered for an official Russian Kettlebell Instructor Certification course, the first one being held in California (since I'm stuck here at least a few more months, might as well). As much as I've trained with and trained others in the methods, I suppose it's about time I let Pavel and his crew scream at me and let me know whatever it is I've been doing wrong all this time before I go back and hammer anyone else. This won't be until February, and by registering early, I'm saving a lot of bread. I've never heard from anyone who hasn't wholeheartedly agreed that the course was well worth the price, and I'm hoping I won't be the first who does. Come that time, we'll find out what I've got.

Haha, I won't. I'm just psyched about how I did. I just hope I make the team.

Woo hoo, way to go! I am sure that they will not have to scream at you for THAT much. Have fun and good luck.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    This morning, I took the plunge and registered for an official Russian Kettlebell Instructor Certification course.
    When ya bringing out your 1st DVD, can i place an advanced order

In all seriousness Jake, way to go. I hope you have a great time once the course starts.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Today was very difficult. It was basically non-stop drills. Drill after drill after drill. We got two water breaks the whole practice(Not really complaining...) they were thirty seconds each, and then we ran back out there.

The boys soccer team practiced with us, and wow....we make them look SO bad.

See, my highschool team has always been pushing eachother. After EVERY drill and during the drills we clap, and dont stop clapping. We always push eachother verbally, too.

Well....we are all busting our behinds, when I see a group of boys slacking....Coach said we should push eachother so..."Come on guys this isn't walking this is SOCCER! Let's move it already!" Ahaha, they now know who I am. (And hey, they didn't slack after that)

Did drills ALL DAY. Very tough day, but made it through.

Will find out if I made the team either Monday after practice, or before Tuesdays practice.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Thanks for the encouragement this week, gang. I only missed doing a workout yesterday, but I was back at it today.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

You're welcome V, that's what we're here for!

Tonight I did my usual 200 swings, 40 snatches down to a clean and 12 double KB swings.

Tryouts ended earlier today because it's Satureday(Heh, I guess that's a good reason) So, only a two hour practice.

Scrimmaged today and ran a little, did very well! Will find out on Tuesday....

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Have been using the gym & Kitty most days. Really missing swimming but its just not possible with the kids off school (a, i cant do lengths with the boys with me, b, the pool is full of teenagers and lengths is like an obstacle course).
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Have been using the gym & Kitty most days. Really missing swimming but its just not possible with the kids off school (a, i cant do lengths with the boys with me, b, the pool is full of teenagers and lengths is like an obstacle course).
    That's a shame! Our neighborhood pool as lanes set up for swimmers doing laps. The only interruption to swimmers was during our aqua class on Tuesday, and usually we don't interfere as much, but there were swimming lessons being given too. The pool was almost a patchwork of short lanes.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Just got back from a little hole in the wall fitness store down in the valley. I was in the market for a couple more weight belts for the guys, and this is the only place I know of around here that actually carries them (a few of them are getting too strong for regular pullups--come Monday morning, we start strapping plates to their waists). On the way up to the counter, what to my wondering eyes should appear but an entire rack of kettlebells. I immediately changed course to check those out. They seemed okay, but wasn't overly thrilled with the less than quality iron, but eh; it was still iron. I gave one a clean, a press, changed hands and snatched once, and they felt good. Saw the price tags, and wow......about HALF what they'd go for online. Up to that moment, I didn't know of any place where they were sold in the free world in stores. I was just about to go grab a cart and load up when the inevitable bombshell had to go and drop. A little red sticker that spelled out MADE IN CHINA.

(I will admit, I had to stand there for a long moment and weigh it out to myself, but in the end, principle won out.)

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I was just about to go grab a cart and load up when the inevitable bombshell had to go and drop. A little red sticker that spelled out MADE IN CHINA.

(I will admit, I had to stand there for a long moment and weigh it out to myself, but in the end, principle won out.)

good for you, Jake. I definitely try and buy American as much as possible, and I try to buy Union Made when possible too. I haven't shopped at Wal Mart in over 3 years, mainly b/c of their policies on outsourcing jobs and importing junk from overseas... all the while convincing Americans that to shop at Wal Mart is somehow patriotic.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    all the while convincing Americans that to shop at Wal Mart is somehow patriotic.
    Haha, I am laughing because that is funny...and I am also laughing because it is so true.

I also agree, I think it was great of you to change your mind. Unfortunately, people are still buying MANY products from China. You think they would learn...Heh, you think they would think!

How much weight do you start off with for the guys when they are first transitioning over to the belts?(Does it vary)

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Last night I introduced my firefighter friend to kettlebells, I demonstrated a few swings and snatches and he asked where on earth I had found those strange things and what they did for me exactly. We watched Art of Strength, Firepower so that he could see all the different things you can use the KB for. He picked Red up and tried a few things, snatched it pretty well after a few tries. As you know, it is such a foreign movement when you first start. Anyway, he said, "wonder what the guys would say if the saw me with this at the firehouse"...maybe I will convince him to get a few for their gym! He seemed to gravitate towards Red, maybe because it matches the truck and stuff. he he!