Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 109 of 159 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2372
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; The 88-pounder has arrived. The UPS man must've earned his pay gettin' up the steps......... As always, snatched it right out of the box; just so we could establish right ...
    Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    The 88-pounder has arrived. The UPS man must've earned his pay gettin' up the steps.........

As always, snatched it right out of the box; just so we could establish right away who was calling the shots in this relationship. She's a big old lump of iron (I'd never actually handled a 'bell this size). Cleaned it with the left, and tightened up for a press. Wasn't happening. Switched back, and tried with the good arm. Again, no joy. Funny what just 8 more kilograms can do to your pressing (for the past month or so, I'd been pushing a pair of 70s overheard for reps with total authority). Awright, no big deal--just one more thing to add to the list, joining the pursuit of a genuine muscle-up on the rings and a one armed chinup. I'll tame this bad girl.

In other news, I've managed to get the rest of the office doing Pistols during working hours. A lot more productive of a break than cigarettes, that's for sure.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    It's a she?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    [quote=Conceited Ape;520245] She's a big old lump of iron quote]
    I read Tink's comment. Then I read this and had to reread it because I read it initially aa "rump of iron". That will teach me to be on the computer without wearing my glasses. Hats off to the UPS man!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    The 88-pounder has arrived. The UPS man must've earned his pay gettin' up the steps.........

As always, snatched it right out of the box; just so we could establish right away who was calling the shots in this relationship. She's a big old lump of iron (I'd never actually handled a 'bell this size). Cleaned it with the left, and tightened up for a press. Wasn't happening. Switched back, and tried with the good arm. Again, no joy. Funny what just 8 more kilograms can do to your pressing (for the past month or so, I'd been pushing a pair of 70s overheard for reps with total authority). Awright, no big deal--just one more thing to add to the list, joining the pursuit of a genuine muscle-up on the rings and a one armed chinup. I'll tame this bad girl.

In other news, I've managed to get the rest of the office doing Pistols during working hours. A lot more productive of a break than cigarettes, that's for sure.
    Yay! It has finally arrived.So you CAN swing and snatch her. Have fun!
    Last edited by disney fanatic; 09-13-2007 at 02:44 PM. Reason: I was corrected.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I read Tink's comment. Then I read this and had to reread it because I read it initially aa "rump of iron". That will teach me to be on the computer without wearing my glasses. Hats off to the UPS man!
    Don't know bout you but I'd love a rump of iron!

I am sure Jake can snatch and swing Big Bertha already...pressing her is a whole different ball game...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    So very cool Jake!!!

Okay- it has been a few days since I have posted. I have changed up how many swings I do, some days do leg work and others not. I have had a few days where I added brisk walking but today was too busy to do much. I had to be up early.

I found I do better if I do my exercises after the kids have gotten on the bus and before I take a shower. Makes for a better day. Glad I finally have some alone time to do this!

Didn't have practice today (Jewish holiday) So I ran only twenty minutes.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Are you Jewish or is it where you just don't have practice on religious holidays? Just wondering.

No, I am not Jewish. I am in a public school, so we don't have practice on religious holidays.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Guess that's progress (when I was still in school, Jewish kids didn't get the first day of Rosh Hashanah off--they had to call in sick).

Probably should've mentioned this the other night, but I've just signed up for a local triathlon; the 29th annual "SuperFrog." A 1.5 mile open ocean swim, a 54 mile bike ride and a 13.2 mile run--basically, a half Ironman. Never attempted one of these before, I'll be pleased if I can just complete the thing. So tomorrow, the bike is going to the shop for a tune-up and some new tires--can't afford to have the equipment let me down.

Can't wait to hear all about it, pics would be nice.

Guess you wanted to make sure you'd sleep on the plane?
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 09-14-2007 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Afterthought...

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Guess that's progress (when I was still in school, Jewish kids didn't get the first day of Rosh Hashanah off--they had to call in sick).

Probably should've mentioned this the other night, but I've just signed up for a local triathlon; the 29th annual "SuperFrog." A 1.5 mile open ocean swim, a 54 mile bike ride and a 13.2 mile run--basically, a half Ironman. Never attempted one of these before, I'll be pleased if I can just complete the thing. So tomorrow, the bike is going to the shop for a tune-up and some new tires--can't afford to have the equipment let me down.
    That's awesome! Sounds like a lot of work, but I know you will do great. Hehe, can I put some pink stars and streamers on your bike?

I've found THE perfect bike for you, Jake. It's a Schwinn and it's a JASMINE bike!
    Last edited by disney fanatic; 09-14-2007 at 10:55 AM.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post

I've found THE perfect bike for you, Jake. It's a Schwinn and it's a JASMINE bike!
    Does it have a pretty matching helmet?
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    You guys are cruel. Funny, but cruel.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Hee hee! That's pretty funny! (Getting a visual).