Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 159 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I am still striving at this workout regimen of mine. I'm not complaining about it anymore.. Just wanted to stop by, see all the wonderful progress of the other members. ...
    butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I am still striving at this workout regimen of mine. I'm not complaining about it anymore.. Just wanted to stop by, see all the wonderful progress of the other members. keep on keepin on...

Wonder where that instuctor is? He's been MIA for a day or so.. hope all is well with ya
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I'm sure you're gonna be back and kicking my butt in no time, Gae!

Caroline, I know that's quite a list of little things to remember to put into effect, but stick with it. Keeping all this in mind, go try that military press again one more time for me?
    I tried the military press with two arms, I did 5 each side. Not sure how many I should be doing. With one arm the bell gets away from me, I can't grip it tight enough, maybe I should use gloves?

So now my routine consists of this:

2X10 GM stretches
    2X10 Punch Presses
    2X10 Clean (each arm)
    100 Two arm swing (up to 30 reps)
    40 One Arm Swing (each arm, 10, 20, 10)

I find the one arm swing easier than the two. Which should I do more of for best results?

I add some other leg exercises like lunges and crossing side lunges but the above is the daily routine. Let me know if those numbers are good or if I should switch stuff around.

The soreness is pretty much gone, I mean I still feel it but it's not painful, it's a reminder that I'm doing something good for myself.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Five per side for one set happens to be exactly the magic number for slow strength drills like the press. Try doing 3-5 sets of five with each arm, resting for a couple minutes between (for extra fun, swing the 'bell back down and clean it again after each rep). Comrade Lisa also lays out some great tips on what you can do to make the military press more interesting and challenging once the KB becomes too light for you.

Gloves are an option, and if you're training for high-rep snatches with the heavier weights, they almost become a necessity (the sheer volume of them can really play **** on the hands). I would recommend that you make them fairly thin, though--you want to stay "in touch" with the handle, if you follow (zen reasons, but they apply).

One armed and two armed swings both work great, and switch it up as you see fit to keep it interesting. Again, dynamically passing the 'bell from hand to hand at the top of the swing is a blast (known as the "DARC swing" to the in-the-know KB folks, since some cat at the Direct Action Resource Center is credited for making this one a staple drill).

By itself, high-rep cleans aren't as good of a drill as swings or snatches, but by all means, keep practicing them. Cleans are the best way to get the 'bell racked for all kinds of drills.

Keep training, and keep learning new ways to put the iron to use. Try not to let yourself fall into the same day-in, day-out routine with them. And once again, make sure you learn the dreaded snatch (oooooh, you're gonna love that one).

Glad that the soreness is fading for you--sounds as though you're adapting to the abuse nicely.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

I dig the reference in your updated location, Deb.

Incidentally, my proctologist says the exact same thing.......

Almost spit out my coffee on that one....

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape

This may border on TMI! lol At least you are getting a "complete" physical!

Can't exercise right now. I hurt my neck really bad and am very sore right now. Dr's orders. Can't lift anything for a few days. Luckily, that means, I can't go camping(don't want to), can't clean for a few days(don't want to either), and have to use ice on the neck and shoulder for several days. So I have to sit around for a few days. That means time for DWT, and other stuff like reading!

So I will check in at the gym but not doing any exercises. For a little while anyway.

I really didn't feel like working out today after slacking off yesterday but I did it anyway, did mostly swings and cleans. Feeling very relaxed, no soreness at all. Wish I had a hot tub, I'd go for a dip and then straight to bed!

I am feeling better today but extrememly sore. I can move my neck more but still can't do much of anything. Maybe by Tuesday.

Caroline- Way to go! Glad you aren't sore. Yup, this place needs a hot tub...

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    This may border on TMI! lol At least you are getting a "complete" physical!
    HAAAAA. just saw this... yeah thanks for that wonderful visual Jake... But i will have to agree with Gae.. Way TMI, as a matter a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    Almost spit out my coffee on that one....
    Whoa!! i see i'm rubbing off on ya... got you spitting out coffee now..

Okay so my weekend workout was the same as usual...

Did my 20 minute pilates routine.. Jumped rope for only 5 minutes.. lifted weights.. I did 3 sets of 15 reps, of butterfly curl, triceps, and some bicep work... And for my added pleasure, 30 roundhouse kicks, 50 side thrust kicks, 70 front snap kicks (since they are the easiest - i did more)..

Oh and i did manage to slice open my finger... OUCHIES...

didn't exercise today because the neck hurt this morning. Going to try tomorrow morning to do a few things if I am not hurting. Need to get back into some type of routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    Try to focus more on contracting these muscle groups, as well as the stomach and glutes when practicing your swings. Let the arms relax as much as possible--as I used to tell the new guys at the KB circle; think of your arms as nothing more than a chain on a wrecking ball. Let your hips and thighs be the engine that drives it.
    NOW it all makes sense....I have to work on contracting the stomach muscles more. I love the one arm swing! With my work out music I barely notice how out of breath I am when I'm done.

I can do some two arm military presses, getting better at it. I think I got the clean down, forearms don't hurt as much.

Soreness is all gone! Just wanted to check in, that's about all that's new for today.

Need to go shopping for that jumprope...I know, I know, www.getfitnow.com.

"A wise man has great power, and a man of knowledge increases strength."
    Proverbs, 24:5

(Wise women, too--over and out.)

Looks like I missed my trainer by a few minutes...

I put on my cute new workout clothes and managed to do 2X3 of the Military Press (clean, then press) with my right arm, can't do it with the left yet. Did a bunch of cleans after that.

Did a gazillion swings (ok, maybe not a gazillion) and then attempted to jump...attempted being the key word here!

Cute workout pants = not good for jumping.

Note to self, go pee before jumping.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, step on rope, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, step on rope (repeat). 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, pull up pants, 1, 2, 3, 4, get untangled, 1, 2, 3, Ow, cramp! And that was about it for today.

Jumping is HARD people! I can't believe you jump for 30 minutes, Jake.