Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 13 of 159 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I think we need to recruit more members....anybody up for the challenge?...
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I think we need to recruit more members....anybody up for the challenge?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    Looks like I missed my trainer by a few minutes...

I put on my cute new workout clothes and managed to do 2X3 of the Military Press (clean, then press) with my right arm, can't do it with the left yet. Did a bunch of cleans after that.

Did a gazillion swings (ok, maybe not a gazillion) and then attempted to jump...attempted being the key word here!

Cute workout pants = not good for jumping.

Note to self, go pee before jumping.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, step on rope, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, step on rope (repeat). 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, pull up pants, 1, 2, 3, 4, get untangled, 1, 2, 3, Ow, cramp! And that was about it for today.

Jumping is HARD people! I can't believe you jump for 30 minutes, Jake.

The jump rope is just too funny because I have lived through that! Just remember- Jake probably didn't start with 30 minutes. Well, maybe he did but let's say he didn't! lol

Great Workout- Sounds like a great job and it counts as two workouts because you have new clothes. I bet Jake doesn't know that rule! It is one of those girl rules.

Couldn't exercise again today. I am going back to the dr. because I am hurting still and it has been a week.

Yup, we need new recruits- Come one! Get in shape for your next trip so you can enjoy WDW for longer.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Q: Did Jake start out right away with thirty straight minutes?

A: H-E-double hockey sticks no.

Like many other things in life that are worth doing, it doesn't normally happen overnight. Stick with it--you've just got to find your rhythm (well, your rhythm, and a quality rope that doesn't tangle up on you).

Yeah, minimal clothing for a jumping session is probably for the best. Good sneakers, a good sports bra and non-baggy shorts are all you really need. Anything else pretty much either just weighs you down or gives the rope something to get snagged up on (I do like keeping the iPod strapped around the left arm, though--seems to be the spot where it bounces around the least).

(As if there weren't already enough good reasons to learn the ropes, it makes you a force to be reckoned with on the Dance Dance Revolution game.)

Missed Jake by a few once again ...

Progress Report:

Managed to do 2 clean and press with my left arm! Tensing up helped.

Did 3X3 clean and press on the right, then with two arms, 3X5 each side.
    Cleans 2X10 each side,I stopped counting swings, maybe 3X30 per side of the one armed swing. And when I think I'm done, I tack on another 10-20 each side just for fun.

Didn't have enough time to jump today...the woke up.

You gave me another reason to go shopping, now I need cute jumping shorts! (I clipped the iPod to my bra and that worked out well for me).

We need a KB smiley.
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 06-03-2006 at 06:30 PM.

I just hope that Jake doesn't wear the sports bra. Somehow that just seems wrong.
    Tomorrow is new week so I will exercise even if it is just finding the KB. That should be an adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    I just hope that Jake doesn't wear the sports bra. Somehow that just seems wrong.
    Tomorrow is new week so I will exercise even if it is just finding the KB. That should be an adventure!
    I got a visual....it's...interesting! Jake and ladies undergarments, nothing new there!

Gae, check all the doors, maybe someone has been using them as doorstops somewhere in the house.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I got a visual....it's...interesting! Jake and ladies undergarments, nothing new there!

Gae, check all the doors, maybe someone has been using them as doorstops somewhere in the house.
    OMG... now that is funny... jake in a sports bra.. wonder what color he prefers... He's gonna get us for that comment.. DID I TELL YOU OR DID I TELL YOU. that that rope is a beast...Feel the burn baby... I wear new balances, the ones that have those springs in them.. Feels nice on my toesies while jumping.. One day baby one day i'll be at 35 minutes... Don't know what year it will be.. But i will get there.. So Caroline, join the jumpers club baby...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Cute workout pants = not good for jumping.

Note to self, go pee before jumping.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, step on rope, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, step on rope (repeat). 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, pull up pants, 1, 2, 3, 4, get untangled, 1, 2, 3, Ow, cramp! And that was about it for today.

Jumping is HARD people! I can't believe you jump for 30 minutes, Jake.

I just had to respond to this one.. I laughed so hard on the 1,2,3,4 line.. That was me.. dang rope.. who made these things this way anyways.. Now...CC i am like this .. Jump, jump, jump, jump...ow ow ow ow cramps... throw that rope under neath the bed... And Caroline, no more of the cute work out pants, they'll be down by your ankles if you don't watch it...

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Caroline, you're doing well--frankly, better than some guys I've coached in the past and made solid ropers out of (some of those folks couldn't manage two consecutive skips at a crack in the beginning).

Cramps do have an annoying tendency to happen. As such, I try to skip during times when I find myself just a little hungry (avoiding it less than an hour or two after a good meal is a lesson learned in the trenches--few things are worse than the feeling of the contents of your insides sloshing up and down painfully with each bound). Sip your water carefully, too--over-hydrating in the middle of a good session has much the same effect.

Ten, twenty, thirty minutes (or more) later, then you can go and get yourself something to eat, and have it taste that much better knowing that you've earned it.

(And no, Gae; I don't require a bra; sport-variety or otherwise. Heck, I'm hardly a B-cup.)

Quote Originally Posted by butlers
    Now...CC i am like this .. Jump, jump, jump, jump...ow ow ow ow cramps... throw that rope under neath the bed...
    Is that where you keep the rope Deb, interesting place to store it...

I'll be posting my progress report after my work out, will try to work some jump rope in there today...

Is that where you keep the rope Deb, interesting place to store it...

I'll be posting my progress report after my work out, will try to work some jump rope in there today...
    hee hee.. Actually, my comment kind of came out wrong.. I was repeating what you had previously said.. Nah, I keep the rope thrown in the back of the closet, wrapped around them weights of mine... You should try storing it under the bed though...

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    (And no, Gae; I don't require a bra; sport-variety or otherwise. Heck, I'm hardly a B-cup.)
    I looked back at the picture- no- wouldn't need a bra being the fine physical specimum that you are- Just checking to make sure!

Anyway, I actually picked up the KB today and did some exercises. Going to watch the DVD to work on the Military Press and Turkish Getup. I really want go get some more variety into my future exercise routine. Feeling really good today.

Quote Originally Posted by butlers
    hee hee.. Actually, my comment kind of came out wrong.. I was repeating what you had previously said.. Nah, I keep the rope thrown in the back of the closet, wrapped around them weights of mine... You should try storing it under the bed though...

All I can say is that this is a G rated forum and I will not discuss where to store ropes at all. That and I don't know where mine is...

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    I looked back at the picture- no- wouldn't need a bra being the fine physical specimum that you are- Just checking to make sure!
    I concur!

(specimum, specimen, same thing).

Fine specimen indeed! Ok, I'll stop drooling and get back to business.

What did I want to write about? Oh yeah, did my KB workout, had a harder time with the clean & press (reminds me of doing the laundry every time) maybe it's because I slacked off yesterday or that I was distracted by the TV. I had put in the DVD to watch while I was doing it. No seriously, come on, do it, do it (sorry, Starsky and Hutch moment).

I am starting to notice more defined biceps and waist & ab area seems to be doing something, like toning maybe? That would be GREAT.

I tried the rope and guess what? Got up to 26 before tripping! Woohoo! Then it was anywhere between 10 and 25 and lots of cramps. Took some short breaks to make the cramps go away then would go again. Managed to whip myself with the rope on my bee-hind once. Owie.

I think I will like jumping (roping?) a lot once I stop tripping/cramping and get a better rope.

Yessir, the rope's in the mail!
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 06-05-2006 at 03:36 PM.