Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 14 of 159 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by Tinker Bell I concur! (specimum, specimen, same thing). I did a spell check to make sure that I spelt it correct and I still got it wrong! ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    I concur!

(specimum, specimen, same thing).

I did a spell check to make sure that I spelt it correct and I still got it wrong! I think that I need to have my hands worked on!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Way to go, Caroline! Nothing sells like success.

With as much as you're hitting them, I'm very sure you're going to be noticing toning up in the arms (seriously, my biceps grew and looked better after my first few weeks of snatches than they ever had from years of arm curls). Also congrats on the first visible progress in the hips and waist area. Now, while I'm thinking about it, here's some sage advice I really should have mentioned earlier:

The weight the scale displays to you is actually a pretty poor measure of your fitness, especially if you're training in methods that are going to build muscle as you lose the fat (i.e.--kettlebell lifting). Muscle is naturally heavier and denser tissue, so concentrate more on how your clothes are fitting versus what the needle on the bathroom floor tells you.

Welcome back, Gae! Very pleased to read that you're feeling better, but you and Caroline need to be advised--flattery will get you nowhere (what we need around here are dedicated members of the Party, not groupies!).

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    Welcome back, Gae! Very pleased to read that you're feeling better, but you and Caroline need to be advised--flattery will get you nowhere (what we need around here are dedicated members of the Party, not groupies!).
    Hmmm, is that so... Well i've been an active member of this gym for day 1, or 2... And I always get over looked. How do i know i'm doing something wrong, or right.. Gee. Only them groupies that talk about yo fine self gets the recognition... Maybe i need to join the groupies.. While i workout drool over ya.. You are so not funny Mr. Body By Jake gym instuctor person...

Hope your having a good time in training sir.....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Deb- just be lucky you didn't get sent to the office... Wait, that was a high school flashback. Nevermind.

I tried the military press and I must have done it wrong. It was too easy. It was nice to get back to work even if it wasn't very much.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    So we can't score any points sweet-talking the PT...darn!

Gae, was that a MP with two hands? With the 4kg or the 8kg?

I'm still having a hard time with one arm on my left side. I can get two up and the third once swings back waaay too close to my head. I still need to practice those, I can get it up there with my right arm but it's not as smooth as it should be. Still swingin' and cleanin', that's going well.

Tried the rope again, I think I got up to 35 before tripping and I managed to whip myself a bunch of times, I step on the rope and it snaps me in the butt, always the same spot, gets annoying after the 10th time. The cramps weren't as bad today which helped, I still need to go get some cute jumping shorts, I'm sure those will help me jump better.

The MP was with two hands- switching which hand was on top after 5 with the 4kg. I haven't done anything except stub my toe with the 8 kg.

I am thinking you might need some padded jumping shorts. That might help a little!

Wow, I exercised this morning and actually did everything at least twice! I even tried a few MP with one arm. I did it! I'm off to work now then I am coming home to figure out that Turkish thing. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    Wow, I exercised this morning and actually did everything at least twice! I even tried a few MP with one arm. I did it! I'm off to work now then I am coming home to figure out that Turkish thing. Later!
    Yesssss. good job Gae... You'll have to definitely tell about the Turkish swing thing.. Let us know if you did it or not...

I am thinking about taking a nap instead of trying/figuring out the Turkish Getup. Maybe when I get up.

Been quiet around here lately....I guess when we can get one on one time in chat with our personal trainer we don't have to post in here!
    I'll post after my work out later, maybe I'll try something new today.

Wow.. i was thinking the same thing C... I've been exercising wonderfully. I have even sped up my jumping.. swish swish swish, kids don't walk in front of the rope.. I'll post something nice and long for the PT to read later..

Did have a question. Going skating with the son and his friends today. Do you think that will count as exercising. Since i know i'm gonna be sore when i'm done.

You know what? I CAN do the snatch after all....needs a lot of work but not as hard as I thought! The part I need to work on is when the bell flips over, it smashes into my forearm. I have a nice bruise, just noticed today, probably from the clean (not so clean, apparently).

Did some one armed MP, cleans and swings. Worked close to the wall while doing the cleans to make sure I was staying tight. Also tried the one arm dead lift to add something new.

That's about it for today, taking a little break before the family gets here. I think I'm gonna have a drink to celebrate the snatch tonight! (hmm, that sounds funny, doesn't it?)

I am resting my foot on the KB as we speak. I will have to exercise today but am going to wait til the little kids are up. We may be going swimming and that may be my formal exercise.

I did the snatch last night and it wasn't as hard as I thought. I may try to rewatch the video tonight. Not sure if I will have to fight the kids for the TV or not.

That's funny, I do that too, it's under my desk and I put my foot in the handle, rock it back and forth. I try to lift it with my foot. Maybe we can invent a new use for it.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Alriiiiiiiight, got you both officially into snatching now. Just remember your key points, and don't forget the a-nalogy of putting on the sweater. You've got to make sure your hand outruns the iron, so your arm locks out and the weight makes contact all at the exact same moment. Don't let your wrist yield and bend to the weight at all (Bruce Lee once commented that there are no wrists in boxing--he might well have said the same for KBs). Fight for your right to TV time, since I'd implore you both to watch the instuctional material, with emphasis on how to properly let the 'bell descend for the next rep. Too many times, I've seen too many folks lower them in an anything but healthy manner, and I can't be there to yell at you myself if you do. Do NOT let your arm twist around, so you sort of do a negative bicep curl on the way down--follow the exact same path of motion you used to snap the iron up there, or just gently bring it down to the shoulder; right into a clean.

By all means, Deb--skating with the kids can indeed constitute exercise. Any chance you get, including activities like this will go a long way to keep you in shape. Make fitness just part of the daily routine. Gorillas are around ten times stonger than a human powerlifter, and yet they don't "work-out;" it's just the daily grind for them to climb, swing and lift themselves to get from A to B (the principle of "grease the groove" in nature!). We could learn a lot from this.

(As I've probably mentioned before--on my end, I just bike to and from work. It's to the point now that I don't even qualify it as real exercise on my training calendar. Still, it goes a long way to keep a kid fit, and I can think of no better way to flip the bird to "Big Oil" these days.)
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 06-10-2006 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Overzealous text editor has a problem with "a-nalogy."