Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 15 of 159 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'm not feeling it today...must be those drinks I had last night. I still did a bit, like MPs, one and two arms, cleans and one arm dead lifts, I ...
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I'm not feeling it today...must be those drinks I had last night. I still did a bit, like MPs, one and two arms, cleans and one arm dead lifts, I tried the push press too. Couldn't bring myself to do swings. Figured I'd at least do the strength exercises. A dip in the hot tub would be nice today!

Just a little update, not sure what the others are up to...

I'm still doing my routine, I change it up daily, some days I do the rope, others just the KB. Some days I do mostly strength, others I include swings.

I need to watch the DVD again for the snatch, I really can't get the "putting on the sweater" move, the KB smacks me in the arm each time.

Still working on one armed Military Presses and I still haven't done any push-ups (I just remembered I was supposed to try that, oops).

So far, so good!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I know I have posted in forever...so before my membership is revoked---

I exercised yesterday by trying to keep up with an almost 13 year old at the mall. All I needed was a 40 lb pack to think I was on a military obstacle course. Wore me out!!!

Today I found a kettlebell. It did not have dust on it because I keep moving it around but not necessarily as it was intended. But I did do several exercises and remembered why I like the things. I hope that it will renew my interest in exercise again! I rewatched the video about 3 days ago so I did think about exercise this week. I forgot to rewatch the snatch part. I need to do that.

I wouldn't worry about your membership being revoked Gae, the owner has gone AWOL on us! He's in biiiiiig trouble now....

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    I wouldn't worry about your membership being revoked Gae, the owner has gone AWOL on us! He's in biiiiiig trouble now....

He better check in soon!!! I think extra KB exercies may be in order for him. And time with the rope!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    He better check in soon!!! I think extra KB exercies may be in order for him. And time with the rope!
    Hello fellow gym friends.. Today will be my last day i'm exercising for a week.. Seeing, i'll be leaving for DISNEY IN THE MORNING, GAE... Well, today i'll be ropin it up big time.... I'm getting pretty speedy with it.. I'll do my 30 minute pilates exercising. Weights, and my beloved side thrust, front snap and round house kicks.. I'm not listing how many i do, if you want to see, go back a page and that's what i'm sticking to...

Now, as far as our PT, he's probably stuck down under the underpass of Fredricksburg, or he could've hitchhiked to bring me my present and is waiting as we speak...

I think he needs to do triple them KB's he does, and give him an hour and a half on the rope.. I'll stand behind him to make sure he does it right...

GAE, CC AND JAKE - YOU GUYS BE SAFE.. I'LL TALK TO YA WHEN I GET BACK.. Don't be to hard on our instructor, he claims he's busy.... Gae and CC hold the gym down while i'm gone... Jake, i'll be talking to you sweetie...

Dinner Rolll...... OUT!!!!!!!!!!
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Butlers is leaving? Really? Who knew!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Welcome back to the Party, Gae! Just ease back into it if need be, and you'll be back on track in short order. Remember, it doesn't matter if you train like a mad dog for a day or two if you give up in a week. Steady, easy progress is the ticket--stick with it, now.

Keep practicing, Caroline--the snatch will come; just keep perfecting that technique until it's just a matter of muscular memory (a wonderful thing). By the way, have you ever tried roping with KBs? Try a three minute round on the rope, put it down, and run through a set of maybe ten swings or snatches before getting back to another interval of skipping? That will whip you into shape in record time!

Keep it up, Deb! Now, if you'd just take the plunge and join us in the iron, you'd really make my day, though......

Now then guys, I'd ask you to please remember--it's not just my place here. This is a PEOPLE'S gym.
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 06-20-2006 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    By the way, have you ever tried roping with KBs? Try a three minute round on the rope, put it down, and run through a set of maybe ten swings or snatches before getting back to another interval of skipping? That will whip you into shape in record time!

Now then guys, I'd ask you to please remember--it's not just my place here. This is a PEOPLE'S gym.
    So I tried that skipping/KB thing, (not that I can skip for anywhere close to three minutes straight) but I alternated between the rope and doing 30 swings with the KB and yes, it does kick your butt...

Ok, ok People's gym, I get it, BUT...you're still the only one around here who REALLY knows what to do with a KB so you're not off the hook mister.

P.S. Did Globo Gym finally buy you out?

I did several swings, some presses, and some one armed deadlifts. Then did some more swings. Did pretty good today and will try to do some more tomorrow.

People's Gym- DWT Gym works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    P.S. Did Globo Gym finally buy you out?
    Heck no. We're better than that.

(And you know it.)

Did Globo Gym finally buy you out?
    Heck no. We're better than that.
    Good because their shorts make my behind look big...

Where is everyone?

Still swinging and pressing and snatching and skipping daily, might have skipped a day this week.

I am enjoying alternating the skipping and the kb, since I can't skip for long anyway, it kinda works out well. I have not whipped myself today and got a lot of skips in before stepping on it. Slowly but surely. Now if someone could send me a better rope...

I did 2X10 of the snatch (each arm) and I think I did them pretty well! I was proud of myself. Might have some black and blue forearms in a couple days but I think I'm getting it.

It's amazing how much the iPod helps my workout. I don't think I'd do as well without it.

And about Globo Gym not buying us out, it's kinda too bad, I would have liked to see Jake in that spandex outfit. Oh well...

Jake in Spandex doing some snatches.....sounds interesting!

I am trying to get into some type of summer routine but I am finding I want a nap more than exercising. I must stop that. I am trying some different moves and just doing a bunch of different things for small reps and then repeating either "right" after or later in the day.

I haven't tried any jump roping. Mostly because I can't find it and also because I am afraid of being wounded! I really need to see what the boys did with that thing...

I know exactly how you feel about napping, Gae. Unless you're really hurting for some extra shut-eye though, try slinging the KB a few times; nice and easy, and see if that doesn't pick you up a little bit. As always, as a general guideline, listen to your body, and don't go balls-to-the-wall each and every session (for the record, the expression has copious amounts of nothing to do with male anatomy, so please stop giggling).

Then again, only take this one so far, though. Personally, if I listened to my body to the letter, I'd never get out of bed in the morning...........

If I'm in a blah-mood (happens more than my happy-go-lucky posts on these pages might lead you to believe, actually), nothing else picks me up like a few minutes on the speed rope. Especially, I'm sort of shamed to admit, if I catch myself checking out my form in some reflective surface outdoors--even I relent that I look pretty good on the rope.

(And no, folks--Spandex and I do not get along, so fear not.)