Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 157 of 159 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2372
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Check this clip out: Swings This is Lauren Brooks, she's pretty awesome....
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: "The Virtual DWT Gym"

Check this clip out:

Swings

This is Lauren Brooks, she's pretty awesome.

And another wonderful kettlebell exercise, the snatch.

Kettlebell snatch

Tonight I will be doing Turkish Get Ups.

Turkish Get Up

Mine aren't as pretty but I get the job done!

Edit: I just realized the lady in the snatch clip is pregnant! Wish I would have known about kbs when I was expecting....

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Wow Tinker Bell, those are some hardcore exercises! Not only do you get a weight workout, but you get cardio!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

Exactly! I love that I don't have to go to the gym to get it all done. I normally do about 30 minutes. I sometimes do just swings or just snatches or mix up the two. I have different kettlebells for different exercises, a heavier one for swings, I've just started doing one armed swings with the 16kg one. I do 5 per arm, short break (like 30 seconds or so), then do let's say, 15 two armed swings, short break, pick up the 12kg and do 10 snatches with the left arm, short break, then do the right. Depending how strong I am feeling I might do more reps between breaks or take shorter breaks.

I highly recommend kettlebells, check them out if you get a chance! You can pretty much find them everywhere now but here is probably the best quality product out there (no, I don't work for them, haha):

www.russiankettlebells.com

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

As always, thanks for spreading the good word, Caroline. Again, keep pushing for that 200 or better on the snatch test before I'm back.

As I'd hoped, I've found a good place to hang from and keep working on that legit iron cross. I've had to resort to tying liter bottles of water onto the dumbells when moving up in weight, since they go up in five pound increments (and that's a bit too much of a jump when you're trying to make progress on this one). Slow and steady; it's coming.

Been hitting the double clean & jerk with the 32-kilo KBs I packed along. Wondering just how close to that Russian "Master of Sports" ranking of 45 consecutive reps I get before we leave.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    As always, thanks for spreading the good word, Caroline. Again, keep pushing for that 200 or better on the snatch test before I'm back.

As I'd hoped, I've found a good place to hang from and keep working on that legit iron cross. I've had to resort to tying liter bottles of water onto the dumbells when moving up in weight, since they go up in five pound increments (and that's a bit too much of a jump when you're trying to make progress on this one). Slow and steady; it's coming.

Been hitting the double clean & jerk with the 32-kilo KBs I packed along. Wondering just how close to that Russian "Master of Sports" ranking of 45 consecutive reps I get before we leave.
    When I come around here I try to post my workouts, I have been good lately, well not so much last night, just did a few presses. Night before that, 30 minutes of snatches with an average HR of 85% and a max of 96%. Purty good.

As far as that 200, I guess it would help if I would count them. I also have a hard time remembering how long I have for the 200 and can I put it down?

How do you know how much water to put in your bottles? I guess you take some out when you see it is too heavy.

Doubles with the 70s? Awesome! How many reps are you at now?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Hey guys!
    I have a 16K Dragon Door KB on its way... Should arrive next week!
    Probably a silly question, but do y'all recommend I order the book 'Enter The Kettlebell' and the DVD, or is there more recent revised/updated info. I should know about too, maybe?
    Just trying to stay up-to-date...!
    Thanks!!!!

Hey Steve! Yay for the KB!

That is a great book to start off with, Jake will probably recommend you read it cover to cover. Even if there would be more recent stuff out there, I don't think you can get better info then that.

I just checked the site and KBs are on sale! 30% off! They have a book/DVD package, that is a good idea, it helps to watch stuff demonstrated and you can follow along.

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to hear what you think. On that note, I should get my workout done tonight! (Even though what I really want is to eat some chocolate!)

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Howdy C, and thanks!
    I'm excited too!
    I figured it was probably a silly question...
    Anyhoo... I bought one of the knockoffs a few weeks ago from a local fitness store on a whim, thinking (of course ) I'd save a few bucks, and from the start, even the handle didn't feel quite right. I then went to Dragon Door's website and got that sweet surprise... 30% off! Luckily I was able to return the knockoff for a full refund.
    Thanks again, C!
    I'll keep y'all posted...!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

That's great Steve. Nothing like a true Kettlebell! Which reminds me, I need to find mine but that won't happen until after I get back from Austin.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

Maybe Mr. Steve will let you borrow his while you are there.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Sure- I'll get right on that. I envision myself doing a lot of typing actually. I have a bunch of homework to finish up. I don't even WANT to think of exercising til this paper is a bit more finished. I have to do a lot tomorrow.

Glad you got a refund on the knock off!

The night I typed that last post I did my usual 30 min workout and had a max of 100% so I pushed pretty hard that night. The next night I did TGUs, about 8 minutes, I've lost some strength because I can't do the whole 8 minutes with Boris, I have to switch to Nat halfway. Boooo! Need to fix that, I haven't pressed much lately, maybe that is why.

Anyway, last night I did nothing, I was exhausted and passed out by 10pm! Sometimes sleep is more important than exercise. Well, you need to do both. Ha ha!

Kerry, Gae and Fiona need to start or get back to visiting with their KBs! Do it! Do it!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to slack much longer.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Oy, I have work to do if I'm going to make that SSST. I admit that I didn't go full tilt tonight but by the time 10 minutes came around, I had only done 100 snatches with Boris (12kg or 26 pounds for our new members). I ended up stopping at 160 snatches at 16 minutes. The HR monitor shows 81% average and 96% max, sure felt like more than 96%, oh well.

That will be my new challenge, my 30 minute workouts are maintaining my weight, I would like to lose some! So I need to change it up and this challenge might help.

So basically, I need to be doing twice as many snatches per minute, yikes! I could probably do it with Nat (8kg or 17 pounds), in fact, I am pretty sure I can but that wouldn't be a challenge.