Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 158 of 159 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159 LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2372
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Did a little better tonight, did 120 snatches in 10 minutes. The HR monitor read average of 91% and a max of 102%....
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: "The Virtual DWT Gym"

Did a little better tonight, did 120 snatches in 10 minutes. The HR monitor read average of 91% and a max of 102%.

And even better tonight, 146 in 10 minutes. I was beginning to feel a little nauseous towards the end...

Was not feeling it tonight but managed to get 150 done in 10 minutes. Really don't know how I can stick another 50 snatches in there........I might pass out. HR monitor showed average of 91% and a max of 101%.

152! 48 to go.....

91%, 103% maximum.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

Steve, Enter The Kettlebell! is THE book. The basics you need, how it's done, and how often (the DVD is also highly recommended, just to fill in that visual dimension books can't get across). By the same token, if Pavel wrote it, I recommend it. The man's material is gold.

Keep pluggin' away, Caroline--you can do it! Remember that 36/36 protocol, and snatch yourself silly!

Just for the record, this thing is a Godsend (thanks for the care package, mom).

1 Iron Cross & Gymnastics Strength Trainer - IN STOCK! - Click on product for a VIDEO demonstration. - DGS-CT
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

*crickets*

Haven't been around here much lately, seems I am not the only one neglecting the place!

I am stuck at that number, I will keep working on it.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Glad you got a refund on the knock off!

The night I typed that last post I did my usual 30 min workout and had a max of 100% so I pushed pretty hard that night. The next night I did TGUs, about 8 minutes, I've lost some strength because I can't do the whole 8 minutes with Boris, I have to switch to Nat halfway. Boooo! Need to fix that, I haven't pressed much lately, maybe that is why.

Anyway, last night I did nothing, I was exhausted and passed out by 10pm! Sometimes sleep is more important than exercise. Well, you need to do both. Ha ha!

Kerry, Gae and Fiona need to start or get back to visiting with their KBs! Do it! Do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Steve, Enter The Kettlebell! is THE book. The basics you need, how it's done, and how often (the DVD is also highly recommended, just to fill in that visual dimension books can't get across). By the same token, if Pavel wrote it, I recommend it. The man's material is gold.

Keep pluggin' away, Caroline--you can do it! Remember that 36/36 protocol, and snatch yourself silly!

Just for the record, this thing is a Godsend (thanks for the care package, mom).

1 Iron Cross & Gymnastics Strength Trainer - IN STOCK! - Click on product for a VIDEO demonstration. - DGS-CT
    Thanks, guys!

The new KB showed up yesterday afternoon! No mistaking the knockoff for the REAL thing!
    After having read all the way through the DD catalogue that came with the book and DVD, I see what you mean about Pavel's golden words.
    Before I really get serious about it all though, I need to follow his advice and make appointments with a Cardiologist and an Orthopedist.
    Had a problem with my right knee a few weeks back, and the supraventricular tachycardia could be an issue...
    Also, I need to know which of Pavel's stretching books I should start with.
    We used to strech for 30 mins. before each soccer game or practice back in HS, so I know how important it is. The only injury I ever got from running hard for 90 mins. or so, was a really bad turf burn while executing a slide tackle.

Thanks again, guys!
    Very excited here...!!!
    Last edited by Dizisit; 05-07-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Glad to hear you got the real deal! Let us know what the docs say, I am curious.

I haven't done so well this last week, life got in the way a lot. Will do better this week.

Let's see if this works....

Read the dry erase board!

Glad to report that the 'stache won't be a permanent thing! At least with the beard it actually looks good.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Tell Mustache that I've been KB'ing every day and our new house has a pool so swimming laps has been added in to the daily routine as well.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Dood! That is awesome, I'll be sure to tell him if he can't come here to read it himself.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

Hope all you faithful gym patrons (both of you) haven't been slacking off on me, now.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Oh yes- I forgot about this place. And exercising. Oh no. Now that my homework is complete, maybe now would be a good time to do some swings.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I may have been slacking off of this thread, but I'm far from slacking off on my workouts. I'm in the pool everyday, weather permitting. I do a 50 minute water aerobics/resistance workout every other day, and swim for 30 minutes on the "off" days. If I can't swim, I ride a stationary bike and or do Wii Fit. I'm down 7 lbs as of the end of July. I'm also using an application on my iPod touch to track my calorie intake.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.