Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; okay so i took body by jake's advise... did my little 8 pound weights... did curls, triceps, butterfly, and regular over the head lifts... all 4, 3 times each 15 ...
    butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    okay so i took body by jake's advise... did my little 8 pound weights... did curls, triceps, butterfly, and regular over the head lifts... all 4, 3 times each 15 reps... and i hurt....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    OK fitness men:

Have any advice for an otherwise not-heavy mother of three, whose abs now look like a deflated whoopy cushion, that wants to have a belly she can be proud to bare?
    Thanks!
    Signed,
    I blame the 3 8 and a half pound footballs who came out of me.

BTW, if it goes well, and I can wear a bikini again, I'll wear a crop top reading "thanks to Todd and Jake's virtual DWT gym"
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Dissy,

Try the Sports-Hoop!! It is a weighted hula hoop that really puts your abs to work!! And it's fun to use too!! You can find more info at www.sports-hoop.com

I work in a Curves here in NY and our members are always fighting over these things - we have seen lots of trimming and toning in the mid section thanks to these hoops - I recommend the 3lb Accu-hoop...

Todd and Jake - Just wondering if either of you dudes have tried Bikram Yoga (or Hot Yoga)?? I am not what you would call a "yogi" but I recently tried taking a few of these classes and boy oh boy - what a work out - not only exercise for the body but for the mind as well. That and they pump the room up to about 115 degrees - quite a work out!!! I have a class tonight, looking forward to it...
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

i wonder is their gonna be a tuition.. i hope not.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    my ab routine i hit the same each time i go. on the ab crunch machine, 5 sets, and i start with 10 reps in the middle, then move my legs to get the twist of the waist to one side for another 10 reps, and then the other side for 10 reps, using 110 lbs. so, i'm doing 150 sit-ups 3 times a week.

now, for your general purposes, have to hit the sit-ups, no doubt about it. the thing to remember, is your abdominals are made up of different sections, so doing regular crunches is not going to get you there. here's a quick routine you can do each night, that you'll see results soon enough.....

start with a regular abdominal crunch, 10 reps
    while laying on the ground, move your knees to the left, so you are crunching to your right hip, and do 10 reps
    move your knees to the right and crunch to your left hip, 10 reps
    then, lay flat on the ground, keeping your upper body down, and bring your knees to your chin, doing 10 reps on the leg lifts.

repeat at least 2 more times for 3 sets.

if that is easy for you, try adding 2 more reps to each exercise. eventually, you will want to be up to 5 sets. this whole thing should take you no longer then 10 - 15 minutes a night, every night.

enjoy.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    dumbogal, not into yoga. my fitness goals are purely strength and body building.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    So we need to actually DO these things to get in shape?

yep. basically fitness is simple. want to slim down and lose weight.......move more and eat less.

that's it, that easy.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, much appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    yep. basically fitness is simple. want to slim down and lose weight.......move more and eat less.
    Wait a minute. Ya mean, no nightly ice cream binges??!! Its a cruel, cruel world.

I think the ice cream would be okay if you exercised all night to work it off.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    I think the ice cream would be okay if you exercised all night to work it off.
    hmm...get home at 5, make dinner, eat big bowl of ice cream, put kids to bed (all three of them) around 8:30, work out from 9-midnight? Could happen.

For three hours workout ---that must be a BIG bowl!

good information guys... great job

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    For three hours workout ---that must be a BIG bowl!
    gluttony, it is the bane of my existance.

Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast