Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 52 of 159 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; What am I, chopped liver?...
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    What am I, chopped liver?

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    You! your not chop anything..... I was just saying wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back when... That was when it was just snow and I... And then our DWT virtual gym gained a princess, and the rest is history.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

That's right, I am the KB princess.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    That's right, I am the KB princess.
    COUGH COUUUUUGGGGGHHH...
    Sorry, all good over here. Gosh, must be getting sick.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    COUGH COUUUUUGGGGGHHH...
    Sorry, all good over here. Gosh, must be getting sick.
    you do have the symptons of getting sick... Better take some medicine and slather some vicks on your chest and bundle up
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by butlers View Post
    you do have the symptons of getting sick... Better take some medicine and slather some vicks on your chest and bundle up
    uh, yeah. Thanks Deb!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Yes, better get that cough checked out.

I did a little bit tonight, one ladder of MPs and 2 X 60 swings, I had intentions of doing more swings but my bed looked too inviting so I lied down and I almost fell asleep. Still feeling a pinch in my lower back so I didn't push hard, I know, I know, excuses...

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    OMG, we've just had the coldest night of the winter (so far), I'm without a car today so will have to walk the 20mins to the pool, swim lengths (the fun bit) and then walk the 20mins home. Do you think its possible for wet hair to turn to ice?!?

I will do this.... I will do this... I will do this....wont I?

x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    I made it to the pool, swam for the same amount of time as before but managed 4 extra lengths and dont feel as worn out.

I just keep telling myself, if i want to pick a wedding dress for the way it looks, not just because it hides the lumps and bumps, then i have to keep the swimming up!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Yes, wet hair can freeze! Hope you wore a warm hat. I'm glad the cold weather didn't keep you from exercising. Keep up the good work.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Now I feel like a snack but they say that when you get those cravings late at night you shouldn't eat because your body will then burn fat instead. Maybe it's bunk, I dunno.
    For someone as active as you, it's pretty much bunk. Then again, the whole notion of your body either processing or "storing" something as fat (or whatever) past a certain hour doesn't hold much water for anyone, really. This is the same kind of alchemy as the idea of "muscle turning into fat." After a hard workout, especially of the iron lifting kind, your system is screaming for some nutrition, particularly some quality protein. If you're open to suggestions, I'd recommend yogurt or low-fat milk.

At any rate, if you're hungry, EAT. Just use your head, and choose the good stuff over the junk.

Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    I also used my amazingly fantastic Kettlebell, which I am still educating myself about...
    Very pleased to have you onboard with kettlebells (give your dad my thanks, too). If you can help it, try to avoid practicing KB drills immediately after any other kind of cardio work, epecially the 'grinding' exercises like military presses or windmills. You want to be as fresh as possible for those.

If you have any say in the order of events; kettlebells first. Come to think of it, any kind of weights before hitting the track is for the best, if you can help it.

Just remember, "The Party is always right!"
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 02-06-2007 at 02:49 PM.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I have a feeling I'd hurt myself if I ever got a Kettlebell. lol. I'm prone to hurt myself with anything that's not stationary
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    I have a feeling I'd hurt myself if I ever got a Kettlebell. lol. I'm prone to hurt myself with anything that's not stationary
    I used to think that, thought I would knock myself out the first time I lifted it but it hasn't happened yet! I will be celebrating my one year KB anniversary in May!

Jeanne, even with a bad wrist, I'd still strongly suggest giving KBs some more looking in to (I've seen them fix bad wrists, and plenty of bad backs. The trick is to start slowly, and don't jump right in with a weight more than you can handle). Everything else aside, the very basic two-armed swing (zero wrist involvement, honest) for high reps is a more effective conditioning tool than about 95% of the complicated, expensive exercise machines on the market.

Welcome back, Deb. Poke your head in more often, okay?

And welcome aboard, DD13. Good to have another swimmer around this place.