Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 54 of 159 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss "The Virtual DWT Gym" in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; you are sooooo good Disney Fanatic, if i do a decent workout i'm proud all day!...
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    you are sooooo good Disney Fanatic, if i do a decent workout i'm proud all day!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    I'm with you DisneyDreamer13, I am proud when I finish my workout. Exercising is still a relatively new thing for me. As I mentioned in a post earlier, I will be celebrating my one year kettlebell anniversary in May. Before that, I never worked out and relied on diets to maintain my weight.

I am usually pretty good and just make exercising part of my daily routine, I don't even think about it, I just do it. Because of some recent life changing events, I fell off the wagon but I am definitely getting back on. The KB is too good to me to just let it gather dust. I can eat pretty much whatever I want (within reason) and I am still losing weight, can't beat that. (Oh, and as nice side effects, I have nice muscles now, a smaller waist, a slimmer tummy and a tighter butt). Have I mentioned how much I love my KBs lately?

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    That's the spirit, guys. It always sort of slays me when I hear folks honestly inquire "when can I stop?" Personally, that's along the lines of asking "when I can I stop brushing my teeth?"

Should exercise be a "priority?" Not necessarily. It's never a priority for me to brush my teeth, but I do. It's never a priority for me to tell the people I care for that I love them, but I do it. Nor is it ever one for me to eat, but it's nice to get around to at some point. You follow?

Bri, I don't have much else in the way of creative things for sprint workouts that I haven't already passed along, but if you're game and you're bored enough, try this one out--jog the distance to the next street light or telephone pole, then sprint all-out to the next one. You might get some funny looks from your fellow pedestrians, but it's a real simple one, and goes a long way in training the system to go from trot to full-tilt boogie without a lot of windup. If you find the space between two isn't enough runway, feel free to make it two lengths, or more.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Okay, I've just had my fill of motivation for the day. I was foolish enough to open an e-mail forwarded along, with the subject line "The 2007 Krispy-Kreme (tm) Lingerie Calendar."

Let's just say there are some things in life you can't un-see..........

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Aww thanks DisneyDreamer13. Being young also helps lol. I have always been very passionate about working out(I know, I am weird), so it comes to me naturally..I guess!

I also am an athlete so training every day is nothing new to me. When I was in middle school I trained also, but now I have to say it is getting pretty hard-core. However, I enjoy the challenge, and it isnt a challenge to me anymore because I am in shape. I am now getting ready to train in between seasons, which happens to be only two weeks. I am going to end up pushing myself(not too hard promise!) So I can get extra ready.

DisneyDreamer13, right when you get into training and do it everyday, it is a continous cycle that you adapt to!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post

Bri, I don't have much else in the way of creative things for sprint workouts that I haven't already passed along, but if you're game and you're bored enough, try this one out--jog the distance to the next street light or telephone pole, then sprint all-out to the next one. You might get some funny looks from your fellow pedestrians, but it's a real simple one, and goes a long way in training the system to go from trot to full-tilt boogie without a lot of windup. If you find the space between two isn't enough runway, feel free to make it two lengths, or more.
    Thanks, I will try that one out. It is just in this point of my season, I feel like I am in great shape..I am trying to think of how long I should do that. I may do some ladders..and then do 45 minutes of that..I am going to have to make the distance longer in between because the run would be to slow for me...
    Thanks for making one up for me! Oh and by the way, good luck with the Krispy Kreme (tm) lol lingerie visions...ewww~

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Okay, I've just had my fill of motivation for the day. I was foolish enough to open an e-mail forwarded along, with the subject line "The 2007 Krispy-Kreme (tm) Lingerie Calendar."

Let's just say there are some things in life you can't un-see..........
    What did you think you were going to see with Krispy Kreme in the title?

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Okay I'm hearing so much about the Kettleballs that eventually you may cause me to buy one... if someone can convince me. Like before and after pictures? LOL.

Anyway, I did 4 miles on the eliptical & tredmill. According to the lil computer thingys I burned about 500 calories so I'm happy with myself today.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    Okay I'm hearing so much about the Kettleballs that eventually you may cause me to buy one... if someone can convince me. Like before and after pictures? LOL.
    Kettleballs you say? lol

I could show you before and after pics, not sure I want to post them here though! I was just tugging on the waist of my pants a few minutes ago and thinking I could probably fit in the next size down now, how is that for results!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Kettleballs you say? lol

I could show you before and after pics, not sure I want to post them here though! I was just tugging on the waist of my pants a few minutes ago and thinking I could probably fit in the next size down now, how is that for results!
    That is very impressive. The only thing with me is that they seem so expensive. Therefore, if I buy them and don't use them I just wasted that much money...
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    If you don't use them, they make excellent toe stubbing objects! LOL

I have moved mine several times around the room but not really exercised with them. I plan on it at some point to get back on the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    That is very impressive. The only thing with me is that they seem so expensive. Therefore, if I buy them and don't use them I just wasted that much money...
    If you have your mind set on improving your shape and losing weight, I bet you that once you try it and start seeing results you'll fall in love with it. You only need one kb really. The best part for me is that it's quick. I can be done in 15 minutes if I want to. Another bonus is that it doesn't take up much space like a treadmill or other contraption would and it travels well.

Kettleballs you say? lol

Hehe Kettleballs..Now add that to what I am stilling laughing about Thanks to C..

I say:
    PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!(ahem..we want the pictures! We want the pictures!)

Ok, enough of that. Today I just ran a mile and then ran 6 600m.
    Oh and Sorry Jake, but I lifted afterward..I told my coach and he said he will try to remember..I hate when he says try because then he forgets..

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    If you don't use them, they make excellent toe stubbing objects! LOL

I have moved mine several times around the room but not really exercised with them. I plan on it at some point to get back on the wagon.
    LOL! That made me giggle.

If you have your mind set on improving your shape and losing weight, I bet you that once you try it and start seeing results you'll fall in love with it. You only need one kb really. The best part for me is that it's quick. I can be done in 15 minutes if I want to. Another bonus is that it doesn't take up much space like a treadmill or other contraption would and it travels well.
    True. but aren't they heavy? Lol. We shall see... I'm only halfway convinced. Maybe they'll be a sale. lol
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Yes they are heavy, if they weren't they'd be useless! I started with one weighing 18 pounds (8kg) and now it's too light for me to swing and snatch so I use it for presses. I moved up to a 26 pound one (12kg) and it's challenging and quite the workout still. I never thought I'd be able to do it, press 18 pounds over my head? Thought I'd knock myself out for sure.