That's all I get is "good guess"???? :inquis:
That's all I get is "good guess"???? :inquis:
LOL actually, you only got that in chat, not in the thread.
I'll say 'Very Good Guess' here, and then disappear until after the podcast comes out to let you know if you are right or not. :hide:
This is like watching Entertainment tonight: they give these little snatches of information and then break to do 20 commercials. Quite an ingenious marketing ploy for the pod cast. ;)
I've got another surprise to preview for you!
This one I won't make you guess or wait for.
Lot #113: Year of a Million Dreams Frame Starting bid $25
Mike & Carol Scopa have donated this lovely frame which holds 2 photos and a quote from Walt Disney from Disneyland's Opening Day speech: "Here you leave the world of today, and enter the word of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."
The frame measures about 23" x 12", and was a gift from the Walt Disney Company to those who attended the Year of a Million Dreams announcement in Soho, NYC, last year.
I'm very excited to be including this unusual piece in the auction, just two weeks from today!!!
Be sure to tune in to tomorrow's WDW Radio Show podcast for my 'exclusive' interview on the auction at MagicMeets (and be kind, I was really nervous!)
Also please read Fred's important reminder: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...agicmeets.html
That frame is gorgeous!!!!! It will look lovely in my living room!!!!! oops, I mean, would look lovely......... if I win it - I mean - yeah, that's it............... :grin:
I have found the ONE good reason to be a computer slacker. I haven't been in for more than a glance in ages...so today, I log on and find this thread....11 pages of auction lots, with no waiting, no torture! Except for that teaser thing...has the podcast happened yet? I'm headed there now to see if I can find it.
THANKFULLY my credit card is going to be good at the auction - I saw plenty of things worthy of my attention. :-) The tink figurine is too cute, the cards, the scrapbook things, holy cow that frame at the end - gorgeous. Only MC/Visa right? Not discover??
I can't believe we are on the downhill slide to the meet in PA. I am so very excited. I hope I get picked for the friday night thing too!!
Any word on the scrapbooking meeting with Ms. Whalen after the meed Saturday? I should go to a better thread for these questions. So ignore, I'll post them in a more appropriate place!!
Can't wait to meet you guys!
For those of you who have been waiting......
The WDW Radio Show Podcast is live, though it doesn't reveal all ;)
So, without tormenting you further.....
Here's the full scoop!
Dr. Steve Barrett, author of Walt Disney World's Hidden Mickeys and other great books, has agreed to provide one lucky winning bidder with a fun experience on their next WDW vacation.
The winning bidder will be able to meet Dr. Barrett in their favorite WDW Theme Park for a personal Hidden Mickeys Tour!
The complete package includes:
- a signed copy of Walt Disney World's Hidden Mickeys, the new third edition
- a $50 Disney gift card to be used for lunch with Dr. Barrett on their tour day (or kept and used by the winner as they choose in the event that the tour is unable to take place)
- the opportunity for a 4-hour personal Hidden Mickeys tour with Dr. Barrett and up to five additional people, in the WDW theme park of their choice.
So, if you're planning a trip to WDW sometime in the next year, you can bid on this package and have a truly one-of-a-kind experience!
Here's the fine print:
The Dream Team would like to thank Dr. Barrett for this wonderful addition to our auction! :yahoo::thumbs::cheers2:
- The winner is solely responsible for their park admission and travel plans for themselves and their party.
- The arrangements for the tour must be made in advance with Dr. Barrett, and are subject to his availability.
- Tour must be completed before July 1, 2008. No guarantee is made that Dr. Barrett will be available during your travel dates.
- Blackout dates include Mousefest (December 2 - 10, 2007) and major holidays.
- No compensation will be made if the tour can not be completed for any reason.
- Dr. Barrett receives absolutely no monetary compensation for this tour.
AWESOME package!!! But I'm out since I'm not going back until Dec. 2008.
I gotta tell ya, Pat - you have a knack for working all the angles!!!!! ;) I think I may need you to coach me on some persuasion techniques to get my DH to WDW more often!!:scratchinQuote:
Might be a good excuse to plan another trip sooner! :yes:
The only way I'd be going back any sooner would be:
1. The Disney Channel games would be there again next year so I could take DD.
2. Lou takes me along as a "research" assistant.
3. I win the lottery! (And since I don't really play it I think this one is out)