Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dream Team Project Discuss Dream Team Project Blog now up! in the Site News and Information forums; In an effort to keep everyone connected with YOUR Dream Team, DisneyWorldTrivia.com is announcing two improvements: the Dream Team Project subforum and The Dream Team Project Blog. From now on, ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Dream Team Project Blog now up!

In an effort to keep everyone connected with YOUR Dream Team, DisneyWorldTrivia.com is announcing two improvements: the Dream Team Project subforum and The Dream Team Project Blog.

From now on, all Dream Team Project news and announcements can be found here in this subforum of the Site News and Information forum.

The Dream Team Project Blog will have news, updates, behind-the-scenes stories, and much more about all the different ways the Dream Team is helping make the wishes of seriously ill children come true. You can access the blog here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/Dream-Team-Blog/ or through the "Blog" tab on the menu above.

You are invited to comment on any of the blog posts here in this subforum.

Enjoy!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Oh Pat! You really are a tease. Of course, even when we begin to see some of the items donated for the auction, I'm sure the pictures won't do them true justice. Lucky are those who will get to see and bid in person. Since I KNOW a few of the items up for bids, all I can say to those attending....bring the checkbook! You won't be disappointed by what is available.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

This is a great idea!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

If you haven't been reading the Dream Team Blog yet, now is a great time to start! We've got some sneak peeks at Auction items, as well as some behind-the-scenes stories and more!

Today's entry gives you a look at a very special auction donation-in-progress, a beautiful hand-crafted Mickey quilt being made by Nancy Harkness, a.k.a. Enchanted Rose on her husband Ray's blog, Grumpy's Hollow.

New Dream Team Blog entries are being made twice a week (usually Wed or Thurs and Sundays), so be sure to check back often!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

How I'd love to be at the meet to 1) take a closer look at the quilt 2) at least put a bid on it. I could see this in my new guest room. I do take fault with Ray's comment of ...all she needs to do is quilt it and put on the binding. Only a non-quilter would toss the word "only" into that comment.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    How I'd love to be at the meet to 1) take a closer look at the quilt 2) at least put a bid on it. I could see this in my new guest room. I do take fault with Ray's comment of ...all she needs to do is quilt it and put on the binding. Only a non-quilter would toss the word "only" into that comment.
    Mini-V,

You are most correct, I am definitely not a quilter. The use of the word "only" may have been a bad choice, but I used it because she has less time left complete than time that has already been devoted. So she's on the downward slope of this fabulous project.

I probably should've stated in that post that I bought my wife the Quilter's Edition Bernina sewing machine (not cheap) and after getting that, what used to be painful for her to do on a sewing machine along the lines of quilting has now become easy.

This has opened doors to her and allowed her to implement techniques and styles for this quilt that she could've NEVER done if I hadn't bought her that machine.

She machine quilted a quilt for her best friend's newborn in a couple weeks (devoting a couple hours a day) with this machine.

She can crank the binding out in a couple evenings of us watching TV on the couch.

Yes, the quilting can be not only time consuming and cramp inducing, but she has had so many creative challenges that she has overcome with amazing results that I cannot help but gush over it.

I'm very proud of my wife and her talents.

She has probably made at least 2 quilts a year since we've been married and only 1 of those has stayed in our house
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Oh, I see how your wife is closer to finishing than I first thought. I enjoy quilting by hand, and often times putting the blocks together takes less time than quilting. Having a quilting machine does make the job a great deal easier. I have not made any quilts since I arrived in London (the fabric is just too expensive). While I have your attention, will this quilt be closer to a double or queen size quilt?

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mini-V,

I just took some crude measurements and the quilt is falling somewhere around 55"x71"

So, I'd guess that it will fall closer to a double.
    Last edited by harra; 05-23-2008 at 05:57 PM.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Just a reminder, the Dream Team Project Blog is still blogging along!
    The latest entry begins our Marathon Weekend recaps: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/Dre...nd-Part-1.html

Please stop by and check it out!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)