Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Dream Team Project Discuss Auction Chatter - 2008 in the Site News and Information forums; Nancy had a lot of apprehension about donating one of her quilts to the auction. When you contribute something that takes so much of your time and creativity, it can ...
    harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nancy had a lot of apprehension about donating one of her quilts to the auction. When you contribute something that takes so much of your time and creativity, it can be hard to part with it. She was so worried that it would not be liked.

Plus, she's never sold one of her quilts nor had one end up in the hands of someone we didn't know and love already. This was a new experience for her and it made her nervous.

Then she saw it on display and her fears about it's presentation were alleviated.

Then we saw cameras come out and take pictures of the quilt and people were posing next to it and having their pictures taken. There was the idle chatter of "who made the quilt" and she'd step up and introduce herself and have nice conversations with people about the quilt. Whenever she saw someone standing their admiring it she made sure to point out all the little nuances.

Ultimately, the quilt went to someone who really loves it and that made my wife happy and they chatted and exchanged info. It was almost as if she was letting someone adopt a beloved family member...haha

What she didn't expect was all the people coming up to and wanting to know how she's going to top it for next year.

I was happy because up till now, I was the primary member of the family involved in the community. Despite her being a bigger Disney geek than myself. My wife was just a person who got mentioned alot in my blog.

After MagicMeets, she's now known and welcomed into the community and she feels like she belongs.

This weekend was a very powerful one for us. To everyone who we spoke to or who came and spoke to us, thanks.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Short and simply Nancy ROCKS!!! She's such a wonderful person. I really hope you guys can make it to Mousefest so we can hang some more.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

I just read the blog that Pat posted and started crying all over again. I think I'm still amazed at the figure. And like Pat all I can say is "WOW!"

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I just read the blog that Pat posted and started crying all over again. I think I'm still amazed at the figure. And like Pat all I can say is "WOW!"
    I'm being told I'm not authorzed to view the blog....I'm a freakin moderator!!!
    It is telling me to sign in but no place to sign in and I am signed into site

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Short and simply Nancy ROCKS!!! She's such a wonderful person. I really hope you guys can make it to Mousefest so we can hang some more.
    Wow, I actually agree with Lori

timned88 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    I'm being told I'm not authorzed to view the blog....I'm a freakin moderator!!!
    It is telling me to sign in but no place to sign in and I am signed into site
    i am having the same issue. are you sure the content is published in the back end, pat? it would seem to be a likely cause for that error message.

Tim Devine, owner of THE MAGIC IN PIXELS.

Hi Tim Devine

timned88 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hi Tracy Cherry.

Tim Devine, owner of THE MAGIC IN PIXELS.

That's because the page isn't there anymore. I read it this morning and now it's gone.....maybe she's making add'l edits to the numbers
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    Wow, I actually agree with Lori
    I'm glad I was sitting down for that.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Sorry about that! Yes, there is still a number in question that I'm trying to straighten out. Since the cash is locked in a box with Lou, I have to wait for him to verify something. I hope to have the blog back up again soon.

(have I mentioned I really really really hate accounting?)
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 07-24-2008 at 08:05 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Blog is fixed now, and everything is squared away. A little confusion with the accountant in upstate NY, me trying to verify everything down here, and the cash locked in a box in NJ while Lou was in the hospital. But I've got 10 pages of spreadsheets and about 6 yards of adding machine tape if anyone has any questions.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/content/view/1600/382/

Also, my apologies to Beci and MEI and Mouse Fan Travel. In my exhausted state and hurry to post about the results, I accidentally put the wrong name for her travel agency. MEI and Mouse Fan Travel donated the $2523.76.
    And next year I want one of those really cool super-sized checks that looked so much nicer than our poster boards!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Pat,

My first experience with the auction was one I'll never forget. I don't envy you. Something that started out small is now humongous and each year you need to come up with new and exciting ways to bring the dollars in.

The amazing thing is that you would've still beat the $9000 from last year without all the other alternate ways that were derived to allow people to contribute!
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

You said "next year"!! Oh that's bad!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    We ain't speaking about next year let Pat recoup from this year!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast