Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dream Team Project Discuss Dream Team Dollar-Thon in the Site News and Information forums; As you probably know, I have been working to help make a child's wish come true through a program I call the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team. With your help, we can ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Thumbs up Dream Team Dollar-Thon

As you probably know, I have been working to help make a child's wish come true through a program I call the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team. With your help, we can send a seriously ill child and their family to Walt Disney World.
    It is my intention to raise money to send a pediatric cancer patient from the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and their families to Walt Disney World. Rather than donate money to cancer research, I wanted to help a sick child and their family now, when they may need it most. Although cancer research is in serious need of funding and donations, I wanted to make a difference for a child today. A child and their family who may be suffering physically, emotionally and spiritually, are also often struggling financially to pay for hospital bills and other medical expenses. Not only is it difficult to deal with the illness itself, but often children are confined to a hospital or bed.

By granting their wish to go to Walt Disney World, we, by sponsoring a wish through the nationally-recognized Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation, can help make a child’s life a bit brighter by spending some time away from the hospital, and in one of the happiest places on Earth.

Portions of the proceeds from the sale of all merchandise sold on DisneyWorldTrivia.com, as well as personal donations made by me from sales of the Walt Disney World Trivia Book and logo merchandise sold on the site, will go to the Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation to sponsor a child’s wish to visit Walt Disney World. You can also help by making a donation to this cause and become a part of the DisneyWorldTrivia.com "Dream Team".

For more information about the project and its goals, please click here.
    As time as progressed since the program began, we have continued to grow closer to meeting our goal, and I thank you for your help and support. We are ever so close to sending our first child and family to Walt Disney World, and I'm asking for your help to make that dream a reality.

I would love for nothing more than to reach our goal and hand a check to the Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation in time for the holiday season. To make that happen, I am launching the

DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team
    Dollar-Thon
    I am asking for your help in making a donation to the cause. But in doing so, I am only asking for a single amount - Just one dollar. No more. No less. If I can get just a small percentage of the readers of this newsletter to respond to this email and donate just a dollar, we can meet our goal in time for the holidays.

If you can, please just click on the Donate button below. You will be taken to a secure PayPal page, where you can donate using your PayPal account or credit card. I cannot thank you enough for helping to make the Dream Team Project a success. I hope this will be the first of many opportunities to make a sick child and their family's dreams come true.
    For more information or to make a donation, please visit the Dream Team Project page.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give. Sincerely, Louis A. Mongello

Last edited by Lou Mongello; 11-21-2005 at 10:37 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    What an awesome idea! I just donated. It's nice to contribute to something in an affordable way! I hope that alot of people participate so we can send a family to WDW!!!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Wonderful idea Lou!

A great way to share our own blessings with someone who is having a difficult time, especially during this holiday season.

Thanks for being that guiding hand Lou, you're the best!

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Jorma is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm not much for giving to charity strictly because I have so little extra money, but this I couldn't pass on. I mean who can't spare a buck? Good luck Lou!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    OK, when I try to do this, i just get an error screen? It says I must enter an amount more than 0, but I'm not entering any amount. Anyone know anything about this?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Summer... Have you tried entering the $1.00 amount?

If so and you are still getting the error, let us know here.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Yeah I just put in a $5 dollar amount and had no problems. It did prompt for either credit card or Pay Pal account.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~ Walt Disney

Yes I think you have to specify the amount, the 1 dollar amount is not already in because it leaves it so you may donate any amount you wish. You just have to at least put in a dollar and Lou is only asking for a dollar unless you wish to give more.
    Will you keep us updated on how much we have raised Lou?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

I'm not getting the option to put in any amount. Let me try again real quick...

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Ok, as soon as I click on "Make a Donation" I get a screen that says:

"! Please enter an amount greater than zero."
    It's a paypal error page.

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorma
    Yeah I just put in a $5 dollar amount and had no problems. It did prompt for either credit card or Pay Pal account.

I'd rather use my credit card, but it automatically is taking me to a paypal abort page???

it doens't want my money!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

You should get a page that looks like this when you click on the make a donation button. You don't?
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~ Walt Disney

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Grrreat idea, !!! My donation is on it's way. Keep us informed on the progress.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 11-23-2005 at 01:19 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida
    mine too.
    JEANY SANCHEZ

Yes it would be great to know how much we have raised!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast