Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Dream Team Project Discuss Dream Team Fundraising Auction in the Site News and Information forums; I didn't win anything. Part of me is glad (cuz I can pay my bills now) and part of me is sad (cuz I SOOO wanted to help with this ...
    PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I didn't win anything. Part of me is glad (cuz I can pay my bills now) and part of me is sad (cuz I SOOO wanted to help with this marvelous idea). BUT, the happy part wins because it means I was out bid on the few items I bid on - and I passed on bidding on others because the bid was already TOO HIGH !!

My friend bid on the M&M nutcrackers, and I think bid fairly high - like nearing $50, and didn't win either - so those went for some fine coinage.

She did however win a basket with Little Mermaid stuff...Litho's and a DVD and some other stuff. I think she was pleased to have helped!!

And even tho its been said already - those of you working that auction - lugging stuff in and out, monitoring bids, collecting money, etc; and those who donated - you all deserve more praise than could ever be given in a forum like this. The items were all VERY nice, VERY well presented, and most of all ENJOYED by everyone at the meet, and will be VERY ENJOYED by the lucky folks who get to go see the world. I applaud your efforts more than you could know.

Next year, I will be donating, and budgeting better so I can buy the coolest stuff (like that EE poster, or the HM light-up poster thingy). AND, if you'll have me - helping out with manual labor as well.
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

flutter is offline Moderator
    I won the Pirates figures .......Had to hover around till the last minute to get my bid in

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    That's awesome flutter, did anyone else win anything cool?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    My mom got me a large Stitch pin...got into a biding war with one of the nicest ladies in the world for it! The lady was so awesome that she let us win it AND she gave me another stitch pin.

I am so hunting her down so I can send her a huge thank you!

We also got a set of Small World pins and a basket #41 (that's the one I wanted since I saw it at Pat's house!)
    Last edited by Stitch; 07-16-2006 at 10:54 PM.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Wow April, that is great!! I still wish I could have came to bid on the cards you made!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I can't write anything, as I'm still in shock...

but THANK YOU all again for everything!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I won the Princess Basket for my DD who was there. I forgot about round 1 ending and got outbid on the scrapebook by $2 It was great fun and I plan on donating for NEXT YEAR'S AUCTION!!! (and bidding)

Hopefully next year we can top this year's figure!!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Okay- it's started! I bought stuff today for next years auction. They had Disney watches at WalMart marked down to $2 and some cute Disney purses for $3. Couldn't pass it up! Do I need to keep all my receipts for tax reasons??

Can't wait to find out next years date!!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Way to go Lori!! Your enthusiasm is exciting!! I'm going to do so cleaning around my house - I know I have stuff that I don't even have to buy. For instance, I got two disney monopoly games for Xmas...don't need 2! I meant to send one this year and kept putting it off til it was too late!! I'm going to put a box in the laundry room or something and keep adding stuff to it like you bought....find a great bargain...add it to the box!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I found out too late that the Pooh UK series was limited edition. I only bought Pooh Henry the 8th, so I'll be keeping a lookout for those should they come back. I intend to be more prepared for next year as well.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Hum, I guess we have to have the auction again next year. I think Pat has not surfaced yet so we'll have to see what she says about running it again.

As for tax purposes....maybe one of our tax professionals could tell us but I kept the receipts for everything I bought for my 2006 taxes.

btw.....You guys are totally awesome!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

As are you Janet. Perhaps more than you know.

(btw, I love the avatar - my family is made of music/band geeks so we love to see the gang in uniform!)
    Last edited by PrincessTammi; 07-19-2006 at 09:49 AM.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'm here.... I don't want to curb anyone's enthusiasm, but before people go out and start spending a lot of money, please give us a little time to go over what worked, what didn't work, what sold best, and what Fred is interested in having us do next year.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Pat, Thanks for reining us in.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V
    Pat, Thanks for reining us in.
    Only a little.....right now we'd like to hear ideas for next year, or other ways to raise funds, or about other fundraising events you might have attended or run and how they might help make next time even better.... want everyone to keep their creative enthusiasm up, but not let it take a bite out of their wallets just yet!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast