Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Dream Team Project Discuss Dream Team Fundraising Auction in the Site News and Information forums; We were trying to get all donations here before June 10th, with a few exceptions. If you have something you'd like to add to this year's auction, please PM me ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    We were trying to get all donations here before June 10th, with a few exceptions. If you have something you'd like to add to this year's auction, please PM me ASAP and we can discuss it. Otherwise, there is always next year!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Bumping this up...its a great cause

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Thumbs up Breaking Update and Announcement!

Well, I have two bits of important information about the Dream Team fundraising auction at this year's Disney Fan Meet.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

The first is that the format of the auction has changed, from a ticket-based "Chinese-style" auction, to a "Silent" auction. There will be no ticket system. Instead, in front of each item, there will be a clipboard with the name of the item and starting bid. Attendees can write their name and bid, which will increase in set amounts (e.g. $1). The auction will end at a predetermined time, at which time the highest bid will win the item(s). We have received an absolutely incredible amount and assortment of Disney pieces, from collectibles to pins to toys and games and SO much more. This system will not only help the cause itself, but will be fun for those who are bidding. <o:p></o:p>

The second announcement is MUCH more exciting!<o:p></o:p>

The prized possession at the auction in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Allentown</st1:place></st1:City> will be a one of a kind original painting graciously donated by Disney Design Group Artist, Brian Blackmore. The full-color acrylic-on-canvas painting, a private workcreated by Blackmore in his home studio that depicts Disney’s Donald Duck dancing and playing a banjo, is mounted in a beautiful gold frame and was most recently displayedin the Art of Disney Gallery in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New York City</st1:place></st1:City>. It was also featured in the March 13, 2006 issue of People Magazine in a photo with celebrity host, Michael J. Fox, commemorating the gallery’s opening.<o:p></o:p>

This very special piece, originally valued at more than $1200, will be auctioned off via a "silent" auction as well.

Please note that ALL payments must be made in cash and in full at the end of the auction. Due to the nature and value of the Blackmore piece, check or credit cards may be accepted.

My sincerest thanks go once again to Pat (DisneyDame2004) for spearheading this auction and her tireless efforts in collecting donations, organizing and wrapping, etc. My thanks also go out to everyone who has donated and contributed in some way. Your efforts and generosity are appreciated more than I can ever express. I'd also like to thank Fred Block, for afforidng us the opportunity and venue to make this Dream approach reality.

Of course, special thanks go to Brian Blackmore, whose incredible donation of this piece he painted and took from his personal collection is far and away beyond anything I could have anticipated for this event. Needless to say, I am overwhelmed by his generosity. Brian has received nothing in return other than the joy in knowing that his piece is going to help a worthy cause and child. As he expressed to me when we spoke, "It's something that Walt would have done."
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Also, any assistnace you can provide in helping to spread the word about the auction and painting throughout other Disney communities you may participate in would be greatly appreciated. (Keeping in mind, of course, that the meet is completely sold out and that only attendees are able to bid on these items).

You are free to report this message and/or the Press Release located in the Articles section of the main site if you like.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 06-15-2006 at 05:48 PM.
    Lou Mongello

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    DId the auction already take place? If not when and where is it?
    I would love that Disney Board game!! WIsh I could go!

Nvm....you wouldn't believe how helpful it is to read the first post of a thread. Lol! SO, how many of you are going?
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 06-15-2006 at 10:44 PM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Great idea

I won't be able to go though.....

Last edited by shadesofgreen96; 06-16-2006 at 09:29 AM.
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

Thanks again to everyone for theie support, help and donations.. this is shaping up to be something very special.

Again, please help by posting about the auction on any other Disney communities you may participate in, so that attendees from those sites are apprised of the auction and Blackmore painting.

Thanks!!
    Lou Mongello

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    I'll tell all my friends about it
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm pleased to be associated with a site that has such a great group of people who have really stepped forward with generous gifts. The real heroes, however, are those attending the meet and will be turning our donations into hard cash to help Lou and Co. Bid high!
    Last edited by mini-V; 06-21-2006 at 03:19 PM. Reason: grammar
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

You can read more about the auction, the artist Brian Blackmore and the incredible painting he dontaed (with photos) here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/dreamteam_auction.php

This is really going to be something special, and I agree with you, Mini-V -I feel very fortunate to have such a wonderful group of people here as part of the DWT family!

Lou Mongello

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Lou you have a solid 24k gold heart. Whatever I can do just ask.

Let's send a family to the world!!!
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Cool Beans! Next year I will be attending, and I hope there is something super cool for me to bid on!

I'm going to start saving my dollars now because I know Melissa will try to outbid me on everything!
    They call me "Nana"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    Lou you have a solid 24k gold heart. Whatever I can do just ask.

Let's send a family to the world!!!

So glad to hear you say that, Fred.... has Lou mentioned table space???
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WHAT! I just noticed your meet timer!!! 24 DAYS!?!?!? EEK!

I'm working out space for the tables as I write this. :P

Fred
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

flutter is offline Moderator
    24 days? Yippeee!!!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast