Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Dream Team Project Discuss Dream Team Fundraising Auction in the Site News and Information forums; The DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team has been inching closer to its goal of raising enough money to send a child with cancer to Walt Disney World, through the Starlight Children’s Foundation. ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Dream Team Fundraising Auction

The DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team has been inching closer to its goal of raising enough money to send a child with cancer to Walt Disney World, through the Starlight Children’s Foundation.

To help accomplish this mission, The Dream Team will be holding a Silent Auction of Disney merchandise and collectibles at the DisMeets Disney Fan Meet 2006 in Allentown, PA this July.

Here’s where we need your help! We are seeking donations of new, like-new, gently used, or collectible Disney items of any size or value to be auction prizes.

Pins, posters, scrapbooking supplies, photo albums and frames, figurines, toys, books, are just a few suggestions for things we could use. The items just have to be Disney related and in good condition (or highly collectible). Every little bit brings us closer to making the life of a child brighter.

If you have something you’d be able to donate or any questions please send an email to pat@disneyworldtrivia.com or a PM to Disneydame2004.

Thank you very much for your help!

For more information on The Dream Team or Starlight Children's Foundation, click here

For more on the DisMeets Disney Fan Meet 2006, click here
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Cool idea!!!!

Don't forget to think of some great disney ideas for this.

Help a child go to the magic

Like the Genie said on the Wishes soundtrack:

WE GOT SOME WISHES TO GRANT!!!!!

Thanks, Kellie! That's exactly right! We do want to grant that wish!

I should clarify one thing: you do not have to be attending the Allentown DisMeet to donate to the auction.

We also need your donations by June 10th.

A big THANK YOU!!!! to those of you who have already contacted me with donations! Please keep them coming in!!!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

bumping it up

Hey DWTer's don't forget about this!!!

Hi Everyone!
    There have been some great things arriving for prizes... Thank you to those who have made donations!

We still need some more prizes, though, so please take a look in your closets and basements and attics and see if there is anything lurking there that could help send a child with cancer to the happiest place on earth!

The auction is a "chinese" style (also called "penny auction" or "silent auction" although I've been told there are different kinds of "silent" auctions) where you will purchase an envelope of tickets and visit a table full of prizes. Each prize has a cup next to it. You put one of more tickets in a cup for the prizes that you are interested in winning - the more tickets you put in that cup, the better your chance of winning that prize. At the end of the meet, we will draw one ticket from each cup and that person will win that prize!

What's great about this kind of auction is that prizes can be ANYTHING (well, in our case, anything Disney!). Small items can get grouped together with other items to make cool prize packs, so even if it's just a pin, we can use it!

Please PM me or email me at pat@disneyworldtrivia.com, and you can help make a difference!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I missed this thread. This is a GREAT idea. Wish we could work it out to do online.
    Even tho we cant afford the trip to the meet this year I will try to dig up something for y'all to auction off. I may still have an interesting item from McDonalds in my get-rid-of boxes. Have to dig thru and see if it is still there. Keep PMing me to remind me. I am a bit more scatterbrained then usual lately.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 05-12-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I forgot about my Mcdonald items. That's a great idea, Vixen.

But I'll Have to save them for next year...they are boxed up at the moment.

Bump up the prize bump up the prize dance dance dance....

I know bad song......come on everyone see what you can do to send a child to "our happy place"

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    I forgot about my Mcdonald items. That's a great idea, Vixen.

But I'll Have to save them for next year...they are boxed up at the moment.

I an sending Lou some of my Burger KIng items. from 1991 to 1996 Disney and Burger King were teamed up.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Well found the big thing(large promotional item-not telling anymore then that) I wanted to send, but am still looking for the rest of the set of toys that went with it. I should be able to hunt them down within a week or so-time to raid the kids toy box LOL She swipes MY toys and I usually have to go rescue them to put them back on display. She has her own toys...stay outta my stuff LOL

I am also trying to talk the local Goodwill into donating(or MAJORLY discounting ) all the Disney items they have in the little bins and bags. If I do get them to do it I will gift-basket them up for you before sending them to save you guys time.

It would be great to have an actual auction page on here with a percentage of the sales going to the DreamTeam. OH LOU YOU EBAY FANATIC LOL throwing ideas your way. lol

Anyway we could see or know what is going to be up for auction so we can have a proxy drop in some tickets for the ones we want?

Vixen,
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!! Those are some really great ideas!!!

Putting up a list of the prizes before the meet sounds like a real possibility, let me check into doing that. Anything that sells more tickets sounds like a good idea to me!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

This is a really cool thread and a great gift to a child who needs it. Keepin' it alive.

bump it up

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast