Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dream Team Project Discuss Join the DWT Dream Team and help a child in the Site News and Information forums; DisneyWorldTrivia.com, through its founder, Lou Mongello, is working to help make a child's wish come true. With your help, we can send a seriously ill child and their family to ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Thumbs up Join the DWT Dream Team and help a child

DisneyWorldTrivia.com, through its founder, Lou Mongello, is working to help make a child's wish come true. With your help, we can send a seriously ill child and their family to Walt Disney World.

Portions of the proceeds from the sale of all merchandise sold on DisneyWorldTrivia.com, as well as personal donations made by Lou Mongello from sales of the Walt Disney World Trivia Book, will go to the Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation www.starlight-newyork.org to sponsor a child’s wish to visit Walt Disney World.

By granting their wish to go to Walt Disney World, we, by sponsoring a wish through the nationally-recognized Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation, can help make a child’s life a bit brighter by spending some time away from the hospital, and in one of the happiest places on Earth.

You can also help by making a donation directly to this cause and become a part of the DWT.com "Dream Team". Please click here to make a Donation

For more information, please visit the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team page.

My sincere thanks to you for any help you can provide.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!

Exclamation

Lou, I think what you are doing here is a wonderful thing. As a mother of 3 children, one who is autistic and another who has been diagnosed with Juvenile Rhuematoid Arthritis (sp), I can some what understand what some of these parents and families are going through, although my situation is not anywhere as bad. I also wanted to put the word out to anyone that there is a local radio station in Atlanta, Ga., All The Hits Q 100/ The Bert Show, that takes sick/ physically handicapped children and there families to Disney World for about 4 days in March and they have just started their big kick-off to drum up support in any which way that they can, money, backpacks and even suggestions on different things to see and/or do while down there. The Bert Show has their own site deddicated to Bert's Big Adventure. The web site is bertsbigadventure.org. Please get the word out and just take a look at the site. Maybe with your expertise you can help out this wonderful program.

Thank you,:mickey:

Laura Cook

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Lou I just noticed this post and cannot tell you how choked up I became when reading your story and about what you are doing. It is so nice to see what you are doing, and it means even more because of the reasons why. I know another author, and after talking to her, I'm sure you're not making millions from your book (are you? ), and it's wonderful to see you taking your passion and using it to help others. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    if we want to donate money directly can we do that as well. do we have to do it online or can we send a check

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    The Kidd Kraddick in the Morning Radio Show (syndicated nationally) has a charity called Kidd's Kids, in which they take about 50 chronically and terminally ill children to WDW from a Thrusday to a Monday in November. They also do 2 radio shows from there, usually at the ESPN Club. You can look at the photos they have taken with the children as well as make a donation at www.kiddskids.com. It's a really great charity, and I love looking at the pictures of the children finally getting to be a kid!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Fairymaiden28 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi Everyone I hope you can help me

I have a son that is 11 going on 12 who has autism and i would love to send him to disney world for a day I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada with limited funds so i could never be able to send him i have called dreams take flight and he would have been able to go i just didnt like the fact that i would be sending him alone with strangers that dont know his ways they wouldnt let my older daughter go with him she knows him really well and i would feel safe if she had went with him but she wasnt allowed . what my question is , does anyone know of where i could get help with sending him and his older sister to disney world ? the closest he has been to seening the disney characters is disney on ice my son is the biggest disney fan ever since he was a little boy his first words were disney movie titles. now that he is learning to talk its all about disney
    thanks for listening and hope someone can help me

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Is the auction money going to this child as well? Or is it a whole different thing?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    UPDATE: As of June 8, 2007, we were notified that the Starlight Starbright Foundation will no longer be granting "wishes", as they have done in the past. That being said, the Dream Team Project will continue and are actively and immediately seeking another charitable outlet.

Details to follow, and as always, thank you for your continuing support.

Lou Mongello
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42