From Airport to Disney World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Airport to Disney World

What transportation do all of you take? We've used Mears and Tiffiny town car, but would like to try something different.

I have always rented a car. I like to eat at off site restaurants and even go to *cough* USF *cough* .
    Brian
    Approver of Posts

Comment

Bring a bike with you on the plane, it's good exercise! Just pack light.

Seriously though, a towncar, Mears, regular taxi, or a friend giving you a ride - all are good IMHO.

Comment

I used to rent a car. Then I found the towncar services and have not stopped using them. I have used Tiffany Towncar in the past but am trying Quicksilver this upcoming trip.
        Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Comment

Thank-you everyone.
          tigger guy...when my daughter & her family lived there (for about a year), we went off Disney grounds to eat. They took us to a place called 'BuddieFreddies' (or something like that)...yummy.
          Sam...good one. 'bring a bike.'
          Main Street...We're thinking of using Quicksilver this time too.

Comment

we used Mears and never had a problem

Comment

I've used Mears (which was great, except for all the stops) and even a limo service before, but have often been renting a car. Although Disney transportation is great (and I ride the monorail even if I have a car), it's tough sometimes waiting for a bus to go somewhere, and with all the stops, takes up to 45 minutes (my Disney-time is valuable, you know) Plus, now with the baby, car seat, etc., it seems like the car is the way to go.
              Lou Mongello
              Host, Author & Site Owner
              AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Comment

One other alternative for East Coaters that I really like is the Amtrak AutoTrain. Drive to Washington DC (Well, Lorton, VA) and then put your car on the train. Then it's just a short drive the next morning from Sanford. It takes a little longer, but is less hassle, you get to see the country, and it's a train. (I love trains)

Comment

Sam - I have always wanted to take the autotrain. I think it would be a fun way to get down here.

I am (was) part of the rental car clan. But now I just hop in my car and drive over.

adamb
                  To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                  X