Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMs in WDW...

Here's another question submitted to the site:, from a visitor named Carly:

i have a question what was the on thing that disney workers were forbidden to wear untill the year 2000 get back to me soon

My first impulse, having not researched this at all (I'm packing and sleepy), was sunglasses. Someone else (dznynut) said it may be pins (other than those on their nametags) which also made perfect sense.

Can anyone confirm what it is?

Thanks!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by AKQJ10
    Here's another question submitted to the site:, from a visitor named Carly:

i have a question what was the on thing that disney workers were forbidden to wear untill the year 2000 get back to me soon

My first impulse, having not researched this at all (I'm packing and sleepy), was sunglasses. Someone else (dznynut) said it may be pins (other than those on their nametags) which also made perfect sense.

Can anyone confirm what it is?

Thanks!

I sointenly can it is a moustache !! but they can't grow it on duty, they have to do it over vacation.

Brian
    Approver of Posts

Comment

What tiggerguy said. Note that sunglasses have been allowed for ages (if not always) for CMs working outdoors. Mirrored glasses are prohibited, as are any that are so dark you cannot see the CM's eyes behind the glass.

UV protection is very important in the Florida sun!

Comment

Wow... What did they do in the 70s and 80s? When every guy had the big muttonchops, moustaches, and Studio-54-style-Ponch-from-CHiPS-style sunglasses?

Lou Mongello
        Host, Author & Site Owner
        AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Comment

of course we had to follow Disney's strict grooming guidelines. I worked Dl just around '70. Of course we had to keep our hair groomed, etc. Ah the stories I could tell of the guests who, also had to conform to a certain dress code (the no-bra look was completely forbidden!) who tried to "beat the system"
          Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Comment

Working...
          X