fbpx
Skip to content

My Experience at “Marvel’s Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. the Exhibition” in NYC

Avengers Station Exhibit

My family and I had quite the Disney-style NYC trip!

For the past few months we’ve been anticipating our trip to see Aladdin on Broadway! But before the show, we decided to visit the Discovery Times Square Museum. Recently, they’ve added a new exhibit there called Marvel’s Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. Exhibition (Scientific Training and Tactical Intelligence Operative Network) which is an interactive science exhibit. You can also look at real props and costumes from the Marvel movies! So, in today’s post, I will be talking about my experience there. There is no photography or cell phone use allowed, so unfortunately there won’t be any pictures from inside the exhibit. And, I won’t tell you everything about the rooms, so when you experience it yourself you can still be surprised!

Avengers Station CardsAvengers Station DNABefore you enter, you had to get your own S.H.I.E.L.D agent ID card. You used your ID card throughout the whole exhibit, so you need to keep it nearby at all times. I think it’s really cool how you get to type in your information, and it prints out right in front of you! Next you got your picture taken behind a green screen and you were asked to make your best “superhero pose”. Then you’re brought to the first room.

The first room had a bunch of screens on the walls and showed you a video introducing you to The Avengers. After it’s over, you crossed over to a section displaying characters’ costumes from popular Marvel movies. We got to see the outfits of Clint Barton, Maria Hill, Phil Coulson, Natasha Romanoff, Nick Fury and more! Next to each one was a screen where you could read about each person and watch a little video montage of them.

Avengers Station Captain AmericaMy favorite part came next… the Captain America room! This section has the most to do, by far. There are a lot of props, the most of any room actually, which I really loved. Besides from that, you can also test your strength, height and reflexes against Captain America with video games and more!

Next was Hulk room. It looked like a lab, and you got to explore what Dr. Banner’s brain goes through during his transformation. You could also activate a tesseract!

Then we saw more costumes and stuff about Red Skull, Loki and the tesseract. After that came the room I was most anticipating, the Thor themed room! But to be honest, I was the most disappointed by this section. There was nothing in this room… You’ll see a mock projection screen telling you about Thor’s hammer and his costume (that was one of the things I wanted to whip my camera out for but… rules are rules). Then you go over to a section with a ginormous screen where you can “explore” the galaxy with a rolling ball and a screen attached to multiple podiums. Really, nobody knew how to control it, and it wasn’t holding anyone’s attention for long. So… that was very disappointing. To me this movie is one of the most “prop worthy” Marvel films, so I was expecting more. But let me move on…

Finally, you entered the Iron Man room. This part had quite a lot of interactive stuff. You can design your own element, test out Tony Stark’s suit and more! There were also some suits on display.

Avengers StoreAvengers Station ApparelNow guess what came next? Strait out of the attraction into the gift shop! Sound familiar? So, first you had the option to buy your picture(s). There are many photo options to choose from including the family group photo that you take in front of the green screen, one from the Iron Man section and even a 3D photo! But, I chose to get the Agent card with my photo on it. Most of these packages are on the pricey side, but you have to expect that when you’re in the city. After getting your photos, you entered a bigger section with all different types of merchandise. They had your basic mugs and phone cases, but I loved all the clothes they had! They had great options for men, woman and children, but they were all very expensive, so I didn’t get any.

Avengers Station PosterAll together, the whole experience took approximately an hour and a half. Even though I’m not the biggest Marvel fan, and I’m still trying to catch up on all the movies, I enjoyed this experience and could definitely appreciate it. Like I said before, I think that there could have been more props in all the sections. But, overall, I think that if you’re around the area and you like Marvel, then you should definitely check this out!

(Photos from the author’s personal collection.)

Have you visited Marvel’s Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. Exhibition? Do you plan on it? How was your experience? Which was your favorite room? Tell me in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you! 

Thanks for reading and have a magical day! – Ruby 8:)

Ruby is a thirteen year old Disney fan, and she credits her mom with starting her early love of Disney. In addition to her enthusiasm for Disney, Ruby enjoys singing, drawing and writing. She will be reviewing Disney-related topics that are of interest to younger Disney fans—and their parents and grandparents! 

Comments

About Lou Mongello

Lou Mongello is a former attorney who left the practice to pursue his passion, and is now a recognized Disney expert, author, speaker, and host of WDW Radio. Learn more…

Related Posts