working at WDW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working at WDW

well, I was in the Navy for 4 weeks and then was medically discharged because of an eye issue so I am considering attempting to get a job at WDW which is what I was going to do when I retired from the Navy...I am looking for any helpful info on the process, being a CM, advantages/disadvantages, benefits, tips, warnings, etc. I love WDW and its always been my dream to work there. Any info is very much appreciated!

Re: working at WDW

You mean besides the low pay and awful pension program?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Comment

you speak from experience?

Comment

Not knowing your higher education level or specific skills you have that set you aside from the general CM's, Florida's minimum wage was raised in
        June 2011 to $7.31/hour gross. Now some areas have higher entry level pay by a few dollars.

You can pull up the Disney Union Labor Agreement for 2011, it is online.
        Match what your desired entry position is to the going, hourly rate.
        Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
        but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyMouse View Post
          you speak from experience?
          Yes. A buddy of mine worked in costuming many years ago. The pension he is receiving now is miserable. His pay back then wasn't any better. The good thing is that some (a few, but it does happen) are able to rise through the ranks within the company.
          Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Comment

Originally posted by supernova View Post
            Yes. A buddy of mine worked in costuming many years ago. The pension he is receiving now is miserable. His pay back then wasn't any better. The good thing is that some (a few, but it does happen) are able to rise through the ranks within the company.
            thats what i hear as well... probably why most cast members at Disney are either under 20 or over 60... not all of them... but many are...
            "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
            -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
            -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
            http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Comment

True, Joe. I'd hate to be in my 30s, 40s or worse, 50s and earning 7.50 an hour.

Comment

considering there isnt really room for growth... there arent a huge amount of Tony Baxters around anymore...
                "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
                -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
                -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
                http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Comment

need to work there after you retire from your career , then you can care less what you make a hour
                  Visits:
                  91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
                  92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
                  93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
                  94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
                  95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
                  96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
                  97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
                  98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
                  99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
                  00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Comment