WDW Explorer CD-ROM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Explorer CD-ROM

I just read the new article Mouse Business. The last paragraph brought back warm and fuzzy memories.

Admittedly, when I heard the EA rumor I was a little skeptical. But it did make me dig up my old Walt Disney World Explorer CD-ROM, 1998 edition. Looking at the broken CD case and worn box I said to myself, "This sure would be nice on Playstation 3".

We actually wore one out and bought a second one though I can't remember off hand which edition. It brought Disney home for us. My cardboard sleeve case was worn and dog-eared. My children were small and this was my very first game, bought just for me. It ran on our Mac and a few years later Apple kinda stumbled there for a few years, we moved onto a PC and my WDWE-CD wouldn't work on it. I know I've kept it somewhere, I would love to play it for old time sake.

Thanks for the warm and fuzzy memories Christopher!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I remember using that on the computer as a kid, that was great! I wish they would make something like that again

Comment

I think my parents bought that for my sister and I before we went for Disney's 25th. It was a CD rom that went through WDW and I think there were even Hidden Mickeys you could find that would unlock special features on the disk. I wonder if we still have that and if it would still run on my computer...
      ~Ashleigh

Comment

Yea, and then there was a Triva Game too. I wanta play.
        Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
        but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Comment

They need to come out with a new version! I still have mine. My DD likes to play with it.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Comment

I still have mine, too....It is fun, but I do wish they'd come out with an updated one.

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

Comment

Dang, that was a long time ago, but I remember it! Especially the music! Funny thing was, even though we had it, our many destination was Disneyland! Years later, when we finally wen to WDW, it was kind of haunting to hear the music from that game all around the parks! Awesome!

Now I'm wishing we still had it. Unfortunately, it bit the dust. :?

-Daniel

Comment

oh my, i have one of those! i think it was the 1995 edition or something, cuz there was no Animal Kingdom. its still installed on my computer, and i still play it often, lol.
                ~Lisa~
                DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
                Vacations to WDW: 20
                Vacations to DL: 2

Comment

I have one of the later editions with AK on it and still use it from time to time.

sigpic

Comment

Re: WDW Explorer CD-ROM

where could I download a version online for my computer

Comment

hey guys,
                      though you might be interested in a feature I just wrote on my blog about the WDW Explorer

check it out: Disney's Folly: Exploring the Magic on Your Desktop

Comment

I have the WDW Explorer CD-Rom, but my prized possession is my Walt Disney Biography CD-Rom that they don't make anymore. It's introduced by Diane Disney Miller and really interactive.
                        Tim

Comment

Lol, I bought this off ebay for christmas last year, LOVE IT!
                          MUSTARD! Let's not be silly!
                          Nemo's gunna touch the BUTT!IMAAAAAGINAAAATION!
                          A silly spook will sit by your side!
                          T.T.F.N: Ta Ta For Now!

Comment

I have mine somewhere, but I don't remember it much. I guess I never got too far with it.
                            Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
                            www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Comment

Inspired, I checked around and remembered where I stowed all of my old CD-roms for the computer. I searched through the stack and found the disc. It's the Second Edition, so it does include Animal Kingdom. According to the printing on the disc itself, it's from 1998, so who knows if it'll run on a newer operating system (I lost many great old favorites to the advancement of technology... alas). The CD also came bundled with "The D-Show" triva game for the computer, which is still wrapped. From the packaging, it looks like it's a very basic and easy trivia game for the whole family.

Going to put this into my drive now and see what happens! C'mooooon Tink....!
                              Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
                              www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Comment

Working...
                              X