Clear All

• Brazil at World Showcase

Mouse Extra Blog Archive Brasil at the World Showcase

no one seems to be discussing this here so I thought I would start on convo

thoughts on Brazil coming to WS
    sigpicWWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Re: Brazil at World Showcase

Well, they sure come to the parks in droves. Giess it would be nice for them to have their own place.

Comment

I'll wait to see if Lou confirms this first. Newspapers have been wrong in the past regarding Disney information.
      When you wish upon a star.....
      LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
      Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
      ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
      "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
        Well, they sure come to the parks in droves. Giess it would be nice for them to have their own place.
        This thought came across my mind immediately. I'm glad you said it before I did
        "If you can dream it you can do it."
        -Tom Fitzgerald
        D23 Charter Member

Comment

I wonder what they would use as the icon for the pavilion? Does Rio have any iconic buildings?
          Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Comment

What about the 'Christ The Redeemer' statue? Or maybe Disney would avoid that so as not to offend anybody not within the Christian faith. Alternatively, what about Sugarloaf Mountain - is that not in Brazil?
            Cara
            @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
            ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
            October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
            August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
            August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
            May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
            November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
            September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
            February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
            May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
            October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
            January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
            June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
            January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
            September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              I wonder what they would use as the icon for the pavilion?
              maybe a girl in a bikini
              sigpicWWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Comment

I doubt that would happen. I really do not foresee any additions to the WS or drastic changes to those already in place. The coolest thing EPCOT did in respect to "additions" was, I believe, during the Millennium Celebration they had the "Millennium Village" which included an incredible amount of countries not represented by the World Showcase. That would be fun to go back to, but other than that I feel the World Showcase that we have is the one that we will keep.

Comment

Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer)
                  -Tom Fitzgerald
                  D23 Charter Member

Comment

[QUOTE]
                    Originally posted by seanmacaulay View Post
                    I doubt that would happen. I really do not foresee any additions to the WS or drastic changes to those already in place. QUOTE]
                    Hope you are wrong. The world showcase has been on idle way too long.
                    Rumors have flown for years of which country would be added. With Disney trying to attract tourism...Brazil would be great from a fiscal standpoint. From my perspective I would enjoy some other countries before Brazil.

Many pavilions could use a spruce.
                    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-25-2011, 12:37 AM.
                    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
                    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Comment

I'm excited at the idea of a new country coming. While, yes, I'd rather see somewhere like Australia or something rather than Brazil first, I'll take anything they'll (Imagineers) give us!
                      -Tom Fitzgerald
                      D23 Charter Member

Comment

Wasn't the 12th country originally rumored to be Russia? Also, there are plenty other countries I'd like to see before Russia or Brazil

But I wouldn't be surprised at all if a Brazil pavilion ended up being reality
                        Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
                        Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
                        Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
                        Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
                        Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcb View Post
                          maybe a girl in a bikini
                          I'd vote for that! But I'm not sure what gets worn at their beaches is considered a bikini. Looks like stuff that hangs on the racks at Vitoria's Secret!
                          "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
                          "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Comment

Now explain this away....

A recent Vinylmation series featured World Showcase country flags and Brazil. How is that for a Disney Born rumor...?

http://www.disneystore.com/disney/st...pPublished%3A1
                            Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
                            but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedGabe View Post
                              Now explain this away....

A recent Vinylmation series featured World Showcase country flags and Brazil. How is that for a Disney Born rumor...?

http://www.disneystore.com/disney/st...pPublished%3A1
                              Huh...
                              Think Disney is messing with us? Or they could be trying to cash in on the yellow-shirted buzzards? They didn't even make an America one!
                              -Tom Fitzgerald
                              D23 Charter Member

Comment

Working...
                              X