Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 WDW Marathon - Who's Going? Want to Meet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 WDW Marathon - Who's Going? Want to Meet?

As mentioned in April 8 episode of The WDW Radio Show, let us know if you're planning on running/cheering/attending the Walt Disney World Hal/Full Marathon in 2008! Who knows? Maybe we can arrange a meet for after the race!

Name................................ Half/Full/Cheering....... Interested in Meeting?
    Lou Mongello..................... Half.................................. Yes
    Deanna Mongello............... Half.................................. Yes
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I am thinking about coming to cheer you on, will have to see how funds are at the time....it is after Mousefest and Christmas

Comment

I could show up depending on my work schedule. So I'd be cheering? I'd love to run but... yeah.
      - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
      Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
      Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
      And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
      They're shining deep down inside of you.
      'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Comment

Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't run and just.. ya know... ummm.. coordinate the meet stuff?
        Lou Mongello
        Host, Author & Site Owner
        AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Comment

Hmm... you know, I used to be a pretty good runner back in the day, and I've been putting a lot of thought (and physical effort) into getting back into running as a regular thing again. Maybe, just maybe, this could be something I should try to get into. Hmmm.... maybe I'll look into it.
          -Don-
          Your heart can just take wing,
          You can live out all your dreams...
          ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
          Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Comment

Im planning on being there and doing the half again this year. I havent registered yet, but if I can pull it off and get there, I would love to meet!

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
              As mentioned in April 8 episode of The WDW Radio Show, let us know if you're planning on running/cheering/attending the Walt Disney World Hal/Full Marathon in 2008! Who knows? Maybe we can arrange a meet for after the race!

Name................................ Half/Full/Cheering....... Interested in Meeting?
              Lou Mongello..................... Half.................................. Yes
              Deanna Mongello............... Half.................................. Yes
              Darren Wittko.....................Half................... ................Yes
              Michelle Wittko...................Half..................... ...............Yes

For the past few years, my wife and I seem to visit WDW on the marathon weekend (JetBlue seems to always offer great fares that weekend). Each year my wife says, "next year we have to do the marathon" and each year I get out of it. Now, thanks to Lou talking this event up on the show, my wife has already begun training for it. Actually my wife read an online article on MSNBC about marathons and WDW was ranked as the forth easiest in the country. So now, if we don't make, we can say we weren't even able to the fourth easiest marathon in the USA. No pressure though
              Last edited by eyeinthesky; 04-08-2007, 09:11 PM.
              Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
              www.bestwdw.com

Comment

I would love to do it if I can get my butt in gear. Can you do my training for me, Lou???

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Comment

Jeremy Johnson Full Yes

Comment

Lou, I will be running the Disney Half-Marathon next January. I completed the Goofy Challenge in January 2007 and the Mickey Marathon in January 2006. I will only have time for the Donald Half-Marathon next January as my family and I will be boarding the Disney Magic later that day for a cruise. If the meet is in the days before the race, then I will try to stop by.

Thanks for the great podcast!

Ian Scarlett
                    Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Half marathon2008 yes to meet!!
                      Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
                      Rae Club 8
                      Creator of Team Voice
                      teamvoice@rocketmail.com
                      www.raeplace.blogspot.com
                      www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

Comment

Jonathan Dichter - 2009 HALF - can't meet in '08 - but would love to meet you all at MouseFest in 07.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT! It means the world to me!
                        Co-Host of the All About the Mouse Podcast
                        "The Voice of WDW Radio"
                        "The Voice of Shandy"
                        "The Voice of MouseTunes"

visit http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com for info on my weight loss goals - and my charitable contributions to the Dream Team

visit http://www.allaboutthemouse.com

Comment

I will also be doing the 2009 half-marathon - would love to do 2008 but it won't work out with my schedule - now the Twilight Zone 13k is worth some real thought....

Comment

2008-Full-Yes to meet

Always There
                            Without A Care
                            Soaking Up Sun
                            And Having Some Fun!

She opened her eyes and I knew that my life would never be the same

Comment

Just printed out the 1/2 marathon application and getting ready to mail it out. Now we are just trying to finalize the details. Soooo....it would be half and yes.
                              What would the meet be like?
                              Lou, will you be signing autographs? LOL

WDW Radio, by far the best podcast out there, non-Disney podcasts included.
                              Last edited by TheGhost13; 04-10-2007, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X