Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dining Plan Possible Snack Changes

This is from All Ears Hears, which is unconfirmed information:

I wanted to let you know that there have been some changes to the Dining Plan snack options. Previously we were told that (almost) any snack under $4 would qualify for the Dining Plan Snack credit, but they no longer allow that. They have changed the policy to cover only a "single serving" snack -- so many of the snacks we were previously allowed no longer qualify. For instance, the new 2-ounce ($1.75) box of Minnie's Bakery Character Cookies does qualify, but not the 7-ounce ($3.95) box. Also, we had dinner at Tutto Italia in Epcot and it was good, but definitely not as good as I remember Alfredo's, where every bite was divine! After dinner we ordered two cups of hot tea and were surprised that we were charged $4 for each cup! I told the waiter that we thought a cup of tea would qualify for our "non-alcoholic beverage" under the Dining Plan, but he said no. The manager would not accept coffee or tea under the Dining Plan. Since I was not carrying a copy of
    the Dining Plan with me, we didn't argue. In any case, I thought that $8 was pretty steep for some hot water and two tea bags. We won't be going back there again. All the other restaurants had offered us a soft drink, coffee, or tea -- and Spoodles even offered a non-alcoholic pina colada! Thanks again for your great newsletter! I look forward to it every week!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Re: Dining Plan Possible Snack Changes

This has been the policy on snack credits since Jan '08. Only single serving snack items priced less than $4 qualifies. In 2007, we used extra snack credits on the big boxes of cookies and big bags of pretzels (I had them for many months afterwards as a treat). In 2008, I could only get the little boxes or individual bags.

I also ran into the same issues with coffee at Tutto Italia. The inconsistencies likely occur because many of the restaurants in World Showcase are not Disney owned.

Comment

And yet in Dec 08, I was able to get anything I picked for a snack credit.
      Go figure. Guess they might just be cracking down on it now that they are in that 4 day pay 3 day free incentive. The coffee/tea thing is just
      ridiculous. The ill-will that creates for an incredible cheap commodity.
      Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
      but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Comment

Hey this is waayyy off topic but I just notice that you live like 30 minutes from me...small world!

BTW - Love your tag. LOL!

Comment

Working...
        X