fbpx
Skip to content

Your Walt Disney World Souvenir Selfies…and a new theme!

As we mentioned last month, we will be giving readers the opportunity to share their selfies here on the WDW Radio Blog.  Each month we will be featuring a new theme, and this month’s feature allowed for you to capture your photo at home as we asked you to share your favorite Walt Disney World souvenir.  A few of our readers even included their souvenir stories with their photo.  Without further ado, here are your selfies, and be sure to check out our new theme at the end of the post!

20160126_141329_HDR~2

“I’m Heather and my absolute top favorite WDW souvenir has to be the silhouettes of my children, forever frozen at the ages of two and four. When I first heard about these weird souvenir portraits, I knew that I wanted them just for the kitch factor.  My littles weren’t quite old enough to sit for them on our first visit, but I prepared them (and bribed them) on the last day of our November 2014 trip. Watching the absolute artistry of the man at the kiosk tucked away in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom Park and seeing in little black paper, totally identifiable versions of my children emerge, I knew that I had just purchased something pretty special. It quickly became one of my treasured possessions. The silhouettes hang in my office, kitty corner to my Disney pin collection.”

Erik and Donald Mug

Erik Naville with his mug purchased at Marketplace Co-Op in October of 2014.

IMG_0173

WDW Radio’s Disney on Wheels, Andrew, with his Monorail purchased at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in 2003.

FullSizeRender

“This Mickey necklace is my favorite WDW souvenir. It was my mom’s – and she passed away about 7 years ago. She inspired my love for all things Disney and took me to Disneyland for the first time right after the Blizzard of ’78 hit my hometown in Ohio. I will never forget that trip – and I wear her necklace whenever I cannot be at WDW because, well, when I wear it I always carry a Hidden Mickey in my heart!” -Elizabeth

FullSizeRender (1)

Melissa’s Up pin purchased for her at Disney’s Animal Kingdom by her boyfriend in November of 2014.

Thank you to everyone who participated, and if you did not have the chance to send in a picture, be sure to join in on next month’s theme – Walt Disney World Food Selfies.  Be a part of the fun by sharing a photo of you with your favorite Walt Disney World snack or meal.  Just send your picture to photos@wdwradio.com along with your first name, what your food item is and where to find it.  The photo can be current or a throwback.  You have until March 6th to send in your photos!

Comments

About Lou Mongello

Lou Mongello is a former attorney who left the practice to pursue his passion, and is now a recognized Disney expert, author, speaker, and host of WDW Radio. Learn more…

Related Posts