Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Have you ever gotten burnt out from going to Walt Disney World? in the Community Center forums; This May will only be my 5th time. 3rd time in 3 years. I guess if you only go once a year it would take a very long time to ...
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    This May will only be my 5th time. 3rd time in 3 years. I guess if you only go once a year it would take a very long time to get burnt out. There's just so much to see. Anybody out there who goes 5, 10 or more times per year? Do you get tired of it?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Simple answer?

No. Never. EVER!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Don't think I'll get burnt out - it's hard for me to get there from Ohio. Grew up starting at the beginning (~1972) going 1-2x/year, then hit about 1984 and only get to go ~ 1x/3-4 years. I think if I lived closer I'd really get burned out - but not gonna happen until I retire to Celebration in ~25 years...

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Personally, I can't get enough Disney! I have no fear of being burnt out.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I don't think it's possible for me to burn out on Disney, but I'd love to go so often so I could try.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Burnt Out? - Nope!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallWorld View Post
    NEVER!!! I just keep living vicariously and hoping to get there before they change the shows, rides, themes, etc. and I miss them forever. I don't know if this would ever change if I got to go as often as some people here (daytrippers, etc.) but for now I DOUBT IT!!! Dream vacation = 1 month at Disney
    Speaking for the locals and daytrippers here...

I agree, there is definitely a difference between those of us who go regularly, versus others who don't have that same advantage of time and distance on their side. Having gone only once every few years on average during my childhood, I definitely remember marking off the days on the calender until we hopped on the big metal bird and flew on down to "Mickey's House" just about a full year in advance. And I clearly remember feeling the need to just drop the bags at the resort and run full speed to the Magic Kingdom as soon as we could. Because there was no feeling in the world more overwhelming and special than passing under Main Street Station and just gazing down Main Street, USA, with all its sights, the people bustling about, the smell of popcorn in the air, and the sound of one of the WDWRR steam engines blowing its whistle and clanging its bell as it pulled into the station behind me. And just beyong all that, reaching high up into the bright blue Florida sky... was Cinderella Castle.

Fast forward to January 2005, when I first discovered the joys of being a WDW Passholder. On the first several trips, it really was almost the exact same feeling of overwhelming excitement. I remember very clearly my first trip - picking up my brand new Florida Resident Seasonal Pass at the TTC on the morning of January 16th. It was cold, in the mid-50s in terms of temperature, and misting on and off, quite heavily at times. Nasty weather, that nobody enjoys being outside in. For obvious reasons, the monorails were packed, and the ferries running to the park were pretty empty, especially on the top decks. And despite the weather, I rode a ferry from the TTC to the MK on the top deck, right at the front rail, a stupid grin plastered ear-to-ear across my face, taking pictures the whole way. Why? Because during all the time I had to look forward to this long-awaited reunion with my favorite park in the whole wide world, this was how I had imagined my arrival - on the top deck of the ferry, plastered up against the front rail, watching the park grow larger and larger, taking pictures of everything along the way. I spent the whole rest of the day running around MK like a 6 year old, trying to see and do everything. And not having been in so long, so much of it felt either like new, or as if I was experiencing a re-awakening to its existence.

Fast forward once again to 2007. Now I've got over 2 full years of frequent day and weekend tripping to Mickey's House under my belt. I know all four theme parks like the back of my hand now, especially MK, which remains to this day my favorite park in the world. In January 2005 for instance, I had trouble remembering where the shortcuts between Adventureland and Frontierland would come out on the other side, and which one had the restroom in it. Now I know the parks so well that I can actually recommend to you the coldest, best tasting water fountain in the entire park (it's the one under Main Street Station - I promise, check it out!). And while I think my love, understanding, and passion for all things Disney has grown over these past two years, I have to admit that the novelty thrill has reduced somewhat. Now don't interpret that incorrectly... I'm always more than willing to go, especially if I get the chance to go with someone who has either never been, or just hasn't been in a long time, because their joys of "discovering" Disney helps me to remember my beginnings. But I do admit, that if I find myself going back to a park that I just did to death a week or two ago, the excitement level is toned down about two notches.

Fortunately, unlike Universal Studios Florida (where I once held one of their 2-park Annual Passes back in 2003), Disney has lots to offer. Universal had two theme parks (only one of which was I really a big fan of), and a shopping/club scene, which I didn't necessarily get tired of, but I just felt like I'd seen it all within the first few trips. With my Disney passes, when I found myself getting tired of riding the same attractions or seeing the same shows, I just make myself try something I'm not as familiar with. For example, instead of riding the Haunted Mansion 7 or 8 times a day like I often do (probably my favorite attraction...), one day I made myself spend additional time "discovering" something I might often overlook. The result of that day was that I spent nearly half of it just analyzing minute details of Main Street, USA. Thanks to this, I "found" the movie theater behind Exposition Hall, "discovered" the party line telephone that talked to you inside the Market House, and for the first time ever, I heard the tap dancing and piano music drifting down from the second floor dance studio just off of Main Street.

With 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, countless resorts, dining, and shopping options (and more!), I just don't think I could ever get bored of EVERYTHING there is to do at Disney. And things keep changing too, so there's always going to be something new to look forward to. I walked into Wilderness Lodge for the first time in my life last spring, and was astounded at the beauty of the place. We dined at Whispering Canyon Cafe and had the best time that night. Last fall I saw the "Flights of Wonder" show at DAK for first time. I'd always passed it by in the past, thinking a bird show couldn't possibly be all that much fun. Boy was I wrong. This year I upgraded to a Premium Annual Pass, not because I'm getting tired of the theme parks, but because I want to be able to do more outside of them. My first trip to Disney Quest was a great time, and I'm looking forward to re-discovering the water parks that I haven't been to in many years.

I guess to sum up this entire spiel - (wow, I meant to write a couple paragraphs, not pages...), what I'm getting at is that while admittedly the novelty thrill of "I'm going to Walt Disney World!" does wear off some when I go frequently, I never quite reach the degree of being totally bored or "burnt out" from it. There's always something new to see or do. And if I give whatever it was I was getting too familiar with a short break, I'll be ready to do it again in another month's time, forgetting altogether that I at one point thought I was starting to get bored with it. Even with as much as I go (and I'm probably one of the most frequent trippers on this board), I don't think I will ever live to see the day where I become completely and entirely "burnt out" with Disney.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Don't know. Might happen. I'm ready to go to Alaska......and Hawaii........and Kenya.......and Australia........
    They call me "Nana"

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    NEVER!!!! Everytime my husband and i go to disney which is about 5 times a year we say "how we would love to live right near disney and go as much as we want" The more i think about it...that is the whole fun, planning the trip, getting on a plane, disney on disney property...i want that for my kids. The excitement..not when they get older they just say, "oh yeah disney....i used to go all the time and dont care for it"
    shannon

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    NEver get burned out....there is so much there...If i could i would see Dream Along with Mickey EVERY PERFORMANCE...couldn't get old...OMG no way...BUT I also vacation outside of Disney too...Alaska was INCREDIBLE, NYC is WAY TOO MUCH FUN (especially Broadway), we are in North Carolina at our cabin at least once a month sometimes more, and I travel to the midwest region durung summer...so But Disney never get's old
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Nope still not burned out. In fact have a count down for our next trip in December.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Okay. I am ready to go back!

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    LOL, I haven't been burnt out yet and we go pretty frequently. Sadly, before my last trip, my boss who knows about my WDW obsession started lecturing me: "Christina! There are 50 states out there and you keep going to the SAME ONE!!" So I told her that I'd take a trip to CA...and see Disneyland. Can't wait to get back this summer - it'll be 6 months between trips and I'm sure I'll appreciate things just as much as I did the first time I went!

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Never
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I was last at Disney... I'm going again this Sunday, but the wait is killing me! I'm SO not burnt out!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast