Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss My parade has been oficially cancelled! in the Community Center forums; Well my trip to the world has been cancelled we came to the conclusion it would be too much for us to handle - driving that is! so we are ...
    kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

Post My parade has been oficially cancelled!

Well my trip to the world has been cancelled
    we came to the conclusion it would be too much for us to handle - driving that is!
    so we are now going to Washington D.C. for3 days or something like that
    but then we are going up to New York City

i'm not going to WDW but i am still excited because i have yet to see any of these places!

anyway yeah
    have an awesome day
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled. I lived in Baltimore for 10 years, and I never considered DC a fair replacement for WDW. (There are a lot goofy people running around DC.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Sorry to hear about your trip, it is a bummer.
    But I have wanted to go to Washington DC for awhile - so that should be cool!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i am interested in dc an nyc so...
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Hey Kyle, sorry to hear that but DC is kinda fun. I went during the winter time several years ago and it was so pretty. I want to go back there and NY should be fun. Isn't that where World of Disney is? Maybe ya'll could hit that up. It will be a long time before I can work my way up north. Have fun!
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Bummer Kyle!!! I too want to take the boys to DC, but that will need to wait until they get older so until then we will just keep vacationing at WDW!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I know you were counting the days down I am so so sorry!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    If you want to take tours of the Captiol, White House, or other "high profile" sites while visiting, make sure you do your homework. Guidelines of how to get tickets can be found on the internet. I believe for WH tickets, you need to contact your Congressman for them. Also make sure you know what attractions are open and which are not. The American History Museum at the Smithsonian is closed for renovations. We don't live far from DC or NYC and travel to both areas somewhat frequently. We were just in DC about a month ago to see the WH and Cap. trees. In my opinion, Ground Zero is a must see in NY.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sorry about your Disney plans being cancelled but you have a good outlook on things , so I'm sure you will have a good time in DC and NYC . Turkeymama is right, there is a World of Disney store on 5th Ave. and 55th st., it's 3 floors of all Disney. Check out the 3rd floor art gallery. Maybe also while in NY you could take in one of the Disney shows on Broadway. Have fun!!
    Last edited by GIOny; 01-05-2007 at 12:58 PM.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Oooh....I love DC and NYC!! Have a great time there Kyle. I do day trips to these places a couple times of year.

It's one of the advantages living where I do, I got access to 4 major cities close by! (The other two being Philly and B'more)
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law
    That's too bad but I live in NYC if you need any tips about anything, like restaurants or subways.
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite