Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Pan's Labyrinth? in the Community Center forums; Have any of you seen this movie yet? I would love to hear any input on it. I am trying to decide if I want to see it. I am ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Pan's Labyrinth?

Have any of you seen this movie yet? I would love to hear any input on it. I am trying to decide if I want to see it. I am a fan of fantasy, but it looks rather scary and I see it is rated R. I do not like movies that are scary/bloody/horror.
    Can anyone let me know what it is like before I go and scare myself???

Thanks.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Razzi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I was SO excited when I saw the trailers for this movie, it's not often I go to the theater but for this one I was going. I was pretty disappointed overall. From watching the preview trailers I was expecting alot of amazing visual effects, which there were, but most of the movie takes place in the non-fantasy land, so when there were effects they were great, just not nearly enough of them.

There were definitely a few times that I almost had to turn my head because the scenes were too graphic, it wasn't so much blood and gore, but the thought of what they were doing. I won't go into too much detail but it was stomach wrenching for sure. If you want to know more PM and I will share more detail, but don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Also, if you're not a fan of reading sub-titles then don't go. I don't mind sub-titles, but it does take some of your attention away from the movie scenes.

I drove almost an hour to see it due to it's limited showings, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have. Not a bad movie, but not theater worthy IMHO.
    Don't frown because it's over, Smile because it happened.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Hmmm, I was thinking of going to see it too... I dunno now
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Hmmm, I was thinking of going to see it too... I dunno now

Lol

Well when I first heard about it, I thought it was a fantasy movie for kids. Boy was I wrong!
    I am not sure if I am going to go or not.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    The paper I work for actually just ran a review of that..my friend Robert wrote it...

Here's a link:

http://media.www.usforacle.com/media...epublisher.com

Thanks for the link, very interesting.

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    I have known about this movie for about 2 years now and was so excited when it finally hit theaters. While I never officially saw the trailer, what I has read about it intrigued me. Although the movie was nothing like I'd expected, in the end, I definitely enjoyed it and thought the story was very captivating. It seemed to lag a bit at times, but the visuals were worth it. What I liked most about the story, is that you never quite knew what was going to happen. Although I don't fully agree with Razzi who posted a few posts above me, I do agree that if you do not like gore or violence, you may want to pass on this one. Some parts were brutally intense. But based on the story alone, I think it was great. Really makes you think.
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Katy I've seen the previews and the making of it I think it may be ok.But again it does look a little scary.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN