Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Chance to Win a Disney Parks 'Dream Job' Announced in the Community Center forums; Chance to Win a Disney Parks 'Dream Job' Announced CareerBuilder.com and Disney Parks' announced today (January 25, 2007) a national search that will give Americans the opportunity to live out ...
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Smile Chance to Win a Disney Parks 'Dream Job' Announced

Chance to Win a Disney Parks 'Dream Job' Announced

CareerBuilder.com and Disney Parks' announced today (January 25, 2007) a national search that will give Americans the opportunity to live out their Disney Parks "Dream Job" for a day.

A national consumer employment survey conducted by Harris Interactive revealed that nearly four out of five U.S. workers (84 percent) are not currently in their dream jobs. The majority of the 6,000 U.S. workers surveyed thought it would be fun to work at a Disney theme park (57 percent). Most respondents dreamed of navigating the waters as a Jungle Cruise Skipper (28 percent) while others chose to take the royal route and see if the glass slipper fit as a Fantasyland Princess-in- Waiting (20 percent). Still other respondents wanted to get chills and thrills by being a Haunted Mansion Butler or Maid (19 percent).

As Disney is traditionally the place 'Where Dreams Come True,' Disney's domestic theme parks are giving Americans the chance to live out their "Dream Jobs" in conjunction with its "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration. Interested parties 18 years and older are invited to submit their virtual resumes online from January 24 through February 20 at http://www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs to win the opportunity to work at a Disney theme park for one day. Participants will be asked to showcase their most original and creative Disney resumes including why they want to work at a Disney Park, qualifications and skills for their desired position, as well as why this is their Disney Parks "Dream Job." Five finalists will be selected for each "Dream Job" by the public to win the chance to become a Jungle Cruise Skipper, Haunted Mansion Butler or Maid, Apprentice Pirate, Fantasyland Princess-in-Waiting or a Disney Park Parade Performer. Winners will receive a trip to the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California in June 2007 where they will live out their dream jobs. Complete rules and regulations can be found at the above website.

Between Walt Disney World in Orlando and Disneyland in Anaheim, there are approximately 80,000 Cast Members currently employed. To learn more
    about the several thousand permanent positions available including fun jobs such as Jungle Cruise Skipper, Parade Performer, Lost and Found Operator or Topiary Designer, call (407) 828-1000 for Walt Disney World and (800) 766-0888 for Disneyland.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    I think I found my new "dream job"
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    it is funny because when i read this im not excited. I used to work in disney. I worked at the Dinosaur attraction and i absolutely hated it!! Ruined the "magic" of disney. The worst was walking underground one day at the MK and i saw captain hook putting on his tights then proceeded to see Cinderella smoking out back after the parade was over!! I was mortified. Plus you had to be the "perfect" person back then. Stand the right way, point the right way, hair and makeup a certain way!! Needless to say i did not stay very long and it too me a good year to get all of what i saw out of my head before i could go back there. Now i can have my picture taken with Mickey now and not be so horrified!! When you see mickey putting his head on it is kind of scary!!!
    shannon

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    That sounds like fun - will have to sign up from home.
    Although my Disney Dream job isn't listed, I think being a HM butler or parade performer would be fun.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    OOO fun...but I wonder if they will let me be the person who changs light bulbs on Main St or the person who polishes the poles on the carrousel? LOL

Worth a shot to try.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    OOO fun...but I wonder if they will let me be the person who changs light bulbs on Main St or the person who polishes the poles on the carrousel? LOL

Worth a shot to try.
    Yeah, my real Disney Dream Job would be the person who comes in and repaints the attractions, buildings, etc. Now that would be some art work I would greatly enjoy doing!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I just want to work there. Okay? Being around the magic all day would be awesome.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    hmm i think i have a new project
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives