Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss Losing weight for disney in the Community Center forums; something i found helps me to lose weight is sticking up a Disney photo or two in the kitchen. Then if i am tempted to snack on the wrong food, ...
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    something i found helps me to lose weight is sticking up a Disney photo or two in the kitchen. Then if i am tempted to snack on the wrong food, there is a happy reminder in front of me for why i want to lose weight. Its only a small help but it works for me.

(and if you get time to yourself, put disney music on loud and dance like crazy, its a great work out LOL)

Good luck with the weight loss, keep positive and be proud you are getting healthier.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Sharon and Loni, thank you for the tips! So, IOW, brown rice is better (well, duh.. always knew THAT lol..and I actually love brown rice)...than white rice as far as carbs go? Interesting...

Sharon how long did it take to lose the 100lbs? Loni, not eating after a certain tme would probably be a good idea, too.... how much weight have you been able to lose in what time period?

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    Sharon how long did it take to lose the 100lbs? About 1 year! it took me about 9 month to loose the majority of it.... the last 20 took the other 3 months... as your body gets used to the intake, it gets harder to lose. Sometimes you have to cheat a little and then go back on the diet to trick you body to loose again.

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I have lost 7lbs since Christmas by doing much the same as other people suggested - cutting down/eating healthy food and getting more exercise. I bought a step-machine thing off the Internet and that is really helping! I am also not having alcohol during the week! I'm not going to WDW till August so I have plenty of time but it is my honeymoon so I really want to look good for the big day too!

Good luck to everyone out there who is on a diet. It might be tough but think how proud we will all be when we look back at our holiday photos!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I lost 26 lbs from Nov 13 to Jan 10 i'm glad to help in anyway and i wish you the best of luck!!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

disneyfreak_02 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by kylewhit89 View Post
    here is my suggestion!
    lol
    don't diet before disney wait till you come home!
    that way you can eat all the yummyness down in WDW!!!!

but yeah cut carbs - sugars - or count calories!
    Well the reason I want to lose some weight before disney is I want to feel comfortabe in the clothes that I have. Also I never gain weight at disney cause although you eat big meals you are also sweating all the time and walking like all day long. There is also another reason I would like to get down to a weight that I havent been for years before I go because then I can continue my weight loss when I get home (I am going to need to try on dresses in July for my cousins wedding).
    I have lost 10ibs so far!!! Would like to lose at least 12Ibs before I go for disney!!
    I LOVE DISNEY!!

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    Would like to lose at least 12Ibs before I go for disney!!
    12lbs. or 12Ibs ( 121???????)

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

Quote Originally Posted by sdale1227 View Post
    12lbs. or 12Ibs ( 121???????)
    its 12 ibs Ha ha
    wow that would be hard to lose that much weight in so little time haha
    I only need to lose about 50 ibs to be at where I need to be for the wedding!!
    I LOVE DISNEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyHottie View Post
    Hey! I'm going the march 3-6!! you think it will be crowded?
    I hope not but I have a bad feeling because I know that the ESPN Weekend is that week (it ends on the 4th but what if people decide to stay longer). I keep reading about crowd levels and it says that it is crowded but I usually go in the summer so how crowded can it be compared to summer? I also heard that the longest line is about an hour long which I would not mind since I am used to the 2 hour lines.
    I LOVE DISNEY!!

Does anyone know any good workout videos? I already have tae bo but what have you used that works?
    I LOVE DISNEY!!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreak_02 View Post
    Does anyone know any good workout videos? I already have tae bo but what have you used that works?
    www.russiankettlebells.com, "From Russia With Tough Love."

(Hey, you did ask.......)

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    And I am living proof that they do in fact work. Have you checked out the DWT Virtual Gym?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12