Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Craig's very sad news :-( in the Community Center forums; Ok - well, I guess it could be worse... Some of you have already heard: my upcoming (pleasure, not business) trip to Orlando this month will not, I repeat NOT ...

Thumbs down Craig's very sad news :-(

Ok - well, I guess it could be worse... Some of you have already heard: my upcoming (pleasure, not business) trip to Orlando this month will not, I repeat NOT involve a trip to the WDW parks. Hold on - let me wipe my eyes. We decided that my daughter (16 mo.) might enjoy the sights and sounds of ocean life and killer whales at another park (can't mention its name here since it's NOT Disney...) - and are planning 2 days there, along with travel to west coast to visit relatives. I've finally come to grips with it - and am handling it fine () . We'll have some time for strolling around DTD and Rainforest Cafe, but it just won't be the same...

The good news? I have already made hotel reservations for a business conference in Jan 2008 - that MUST and WILL include time at the parks. She'll be older, and will be more likely to handle my 7am to midnight park-hopping madness.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Poor thing, getting to take a vacation. Must be horrible to have to go a nice warm state while the rest of us choose to stay home and freeze. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

tiggerguy is online now WDWRadio.com Moderator
    wow, Craig is going to see the world, sham on u
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    see the world, sham on u
    Oh sure, trying to use puns to lighten my mood!!

I still think she'd enjoy hearing the sounds of Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA better!!!

( So would I! )

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I still think she'd enjoy hearing the sounds of Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA better!!!
    Of course she would....a LOT better than being splashed, in this cold weather!!

To those who may not know, it is COLD here, not hot. The days (around noon til maybe 3/4pm are warmer, though still not Disney-Hot, like it is during the dog days of Summer... ) But around 4/5pm starts cooling down again and gets COLD.

Oh, and we have been passholders since I was pg with #4. So that means I had at the beginning, 3 y/o twins, a 1 y/o, and I was pregnant. Which of course means that we have been going ever since, and the kids (now ages 6 y/o twins, 4, and 2) have done just fine all these years practically growing up at WDW. A 16 m/o would have a blast at WDW. Yes, Sham on U Craig

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I would have added some more puns here, but everyone seems to have already written the best ones. Are you sure you can find that other park? You might get "lost" and end up outside the arches we love so much! What a shame that would be. At least you know another trip is on the horizon.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Splish splash....splish splash....BRRRR.....Splish splash, splish splash....

BTW, I think strolling at DTD will just make it harder on you- that's such a tease to yourself (btdt, when our passes expired, before we were able to renew them)

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, I am not going to give you grief for going to that other park. Please tell the penguins that I said hi!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    When did they build something else in Orlando other than WDW and the airport????

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Oh the horror!

Okay, it's time to confess------

We have two extra days when we go on our cruise next fall with a pixie and an author. We will spend one day at WDW (can you imagine it? ONE day??) but have decided that we would like to spend Saturday after debarking at the Kennedy Space Center. I mean, we are going to be right there.

Now we just have to decide at which ONE park we want to spend Sunday.
    Last edited by iwannabeminnie; 02-08-2007 at 09:26 AM.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    When did they build something else in Orlando other than WDW and the airport????

Apparently there are some other "theme parks" around here ...I dunno..something about the 'universe' and something about the 'sea', I think??? Don't know, don't care- I just stay on the roads that take me to WDW.

Thanx for all the sarcastic sympathy, folks. I'm probably going to be in therapy* my next trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    "They" simply followed in Walt's footsteps, tried to capitalize on us American consumers - and for the most part it worked. If I had a majority vote I'd definitely be riding the parking lot trams right now...

* Therapy = This Here Electronic Rendition of America's Premier Yak-shack.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Oh the horror! ... Now we just have to decide at which ONE park we want to spend Sunday.
    Why decide? - Park-hopping is lovely that time of year!
    If you don't have an annual pass - I just found a 1 day park hopper advertized for only $108 .

I did a 2 day park-hopper a few years ago, and needed to cool of my sneakers in Bay Lake when I was all done. I was utterly exhausted - but I nearly did it "all". (All except stopping to smell the roses, and soaking up the sights and smells - no time...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast