Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Cats and GoldBond Medicated Lotion? in the Community Center forums; My skin has been very dry lately so I bought some GoldBond Medicated Lotion because it works wonders for dry skin. Except...everytime I put it on my cat goes crazy ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Cats and GoldBond Medicated Lotion?

My skin has been very dry lately so I bought some GoldBond Medicated Lotion because it works wonders for dry skin.
    Except...everytime I put it on my cat goes crazy and tries to lick it off of my arms and legs. I of course don't let her because I am not sure how healthy that is for a cat, but I was just wondering if anyone who has used this and has an animal has noticed they are attracted to the scent. The smell sort of reminds me of Vapo-Rub. I wonder what is in the lotion that my cat is attracted to.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    im not sure about that but i put lotion on everytime i get out of the shower...i have pugs and they goes crazy licking my legs...i literally have to put long sleeves and pants on so they wont...but they start licking my hands...i have to walk away from them. This is all kinds of lotions too!! So aggravating
    shannon

Hmmm I have not noticed it with other lotions but I will see what she does when I put on another kind.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    yeah try that and see what happens
    shannon

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I don't know about cats - but anytime anyone in my house puts on ANY kind of lotion, the dog goes absolutely CRAZY. He keeps trying to lick it off, and smelling it. It's really weird, but I guess it's normal for dogs since so many of them do it.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    All I have to say is that I was a little scared to click on this topic...
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Cats love licking you. It's not horrible if they don't get too much of it. Cats love the taste of the oils on our skin and if you get it scented sometimes they go crazy. My cat Tuesday (RIP) used to always stop cleaning herself and start to clean me if I started to pet her when she was cleaning herself. If I had lotion she went crazy. So I guess it depends on how much they love the taste of your skin!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Well she never just licks my arms for no reason, it's always when I put this stuff on so I was just wondering if it were the specific lotion, or if it is all things like that.
    I thought it was kind of funny that she would like it because it smells absolutely horrible.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Cats have weird taste buds. :-) Is there some sort of plant in it? Because if it's scented like a plant or has plant abstract of somesort in it, that may be the reason why she loves it.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    my cat will lick anything she is really wierd but she nevr licked goldbond before i wonder what happens...
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!