Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Things that make you go AWWWW and tear up! in the Community Center forums; I get a lot of forwards from Donnie's aunt that tend to be a bit more on the spiritual side then my beliefs(of lack thereof) But some of them are ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

Things that make you go AWWWW and tear up!

I get a lot of forwards from Donnie's aunt that tend to be a bit more on the spiritual side then my beliefs(of lack thereof) But some of them are just the sweetest stories/poems/etc. I also have found a few on other boards that make me just sniffle and grab a tissue. Thot it would be nice to share them here. If anyone else has nice stories that they have heard (Please credit the original author if you can) post them here. We all need that "feel good" feeling on blah days like we are having today.
    Remember keep it clean ...aka-G-rated.

EDIT: they do not have to be Disney related only.

I have 2 and will post them seperately.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 02-22-2007 at 06:29 PM.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

story number 1

I wish you all "puppy size"

"Danielle keeps repeating it over and over again. We've been back to this animal shelter at least five times. It has been weeks now since we started all of this," the mother told the volunteer.

"What is it she keeps asking for?" the volunteer asked.

"Puppy size!" replied the mother.

"Well, we have plenty of puppies, if that's what she's looking for."

"I know...we have seen most of them," the mom said in frustration...

Just then Danielle came walking into the office

"Well, did you find one?" asked her mom. "No, not this time,"
    Danielle said with sadness in her voice. "Can we come back on the weekend?"

The two women looked at each other, shook their heads and laughed

"You never know when we will get more dogs. Unfortunately, there's always a supply," the volunteer said.

Danielle took her mother by the hand and headed to the door. "Don't worry, I'll find one this weekend," she said.

Over the next few days both mom and dad had long conversations with her.

They both felt she was being too particular. "It's this weekend or we're not looking any more," Dad finally said in frustration.

"We don't want to hear anything more about puppy size either," Mom added.

Sure enough, they were the first ones in the shelter on Saturday morning. By now Danielle knew her way around, so she ran right for the section that housed the smaller dogs.

Tired of the routine, mom sat in the small waiting room at the end of the first row of cages. There was an observation window so you could see the animals during times when visitors weren't permitted.

Danielle walked slowly from cage to cage, kneeling periodically to take a closer look. One by one the dogs were brought out and she held each one.

One by one she said, "Sorry, you're not the one."

It was the last cage on this last day in search of the perfect pup.

The volunteer opened the cage door and the child carefully picked up the dog and held it closely. This time she took a little longer.

"Mom, that's it! I found the right puppy! He's the one! I know it!" she screamed with joy. "It's the puppy size!"

"But it's the same size as all the other puppies you held over the last few weeks," Mom said.

"No not size ---- the sighs. When I held him in my arms, he sighed," she said.

"Don't you remember? When I asked you one day what love is, you told me love depends on the sighs of your heart. The more you love, the bigger the sigh!"

The two women looked at each other for a moment. Mom didn't know whether to laugh or cry. As she stooped down to hug the child, she did a little of both.

"Mom, every time you hold me, I sigh. When you and Daddy come home from work and hug each other, you both sigh. I knew I would find the right puppy if it sighed when I held it in my arms," she said.

Then holding the puppy up close to her face she said, "Mom, he loves me. I heard the sighs of his heart!"

Close your eyes for a moment and think about the love that makes you sigh. I not only find it in the arms of my loved ones, but in the caress of a sunset, the kiss of the moonlight and the gentle brush of cool air on a hot day.

Take the time to stop and listen; you will be surprised at what you hear. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Okay, I'll admit it. That one got me.
    They call me "Nana"

I knew you were a big ole teddy bear under that gruff exterior. LOL

Story #2

This comes from stupidguesttricks.com courtesy of StephM (a guest herself) and with her permission to repost on here.

For the P&P party, my DD3 asked me to go with her to the Boutique and dress up. So I bought a Snow White gown and she finally decided on the Ariel bride dress and we went and were all dolled up. Now, I am the first to say I will NEVER pass for Snow White, even on my best day. But we went to Tony's for dinner and I was crouched down, helping my little one with her dress when I noticed a little girl, about 5, standing behind her, looking excited. Her Mom was there and said "Snow White is her favorite" I panicked for a second and then put out my hand and she came over. I told her that I was not Snow White, but that I had nothing to wear for the party and Snow White let me borrow one of her gowns because she is, of course, the nicest princess. The little girl showed me her pixie dust. I saw her about 5 times through the night and every time I got the biggest smile and wave from her. It was just awesome. My mom told me I probably made her day. She met someone who KNOWS Snow White. And yes, I am a sap. After they walked away in Tony's, I needed a tissue.

I wish it was my job to make a child THAT happy every day.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It got me too...even more since Gryffin sighs a lot when he curls up with me.

I wanna be Snow White. No, I take that back. iwannabeminnie.
    They call me "Nana"

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Okay the first made me cry i'm a big baby......
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

LOL...my goal in life is complete....I have made ppl cry LOL

JUST KIDDING

Anyone else got cutesy little things to post, feel free.

I make people cry all the time. You should have my job.

"Thank you sir. You owe the IRS $7853 and the State of Indiana $576. Oh, and your tax prep fees are $237."

Life is great.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    I make people cry all the time. You should have my job.

"Thank you sir. You owe the IRS $7853 and the State of Indiana $576. Oh, and your tax prep fees are $237."

Life is great.
    ROTFLMMEO

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Oh goodness... I'm a big baby.... Don't say a word big Vix.....Just teasing
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

This story gets me every time... A bit long though

A DAD'S STORY
    On July 22nd I was in route to Washington, DC for a business trip. As Icollected my belongings from the overhead bin, an nnouncement was made for Mr. Lloyd Glenn to see the United Customer Service Representative immediately. When I got off the plane a solemn-faced young man came toward me and said,"Mr. Glenn, there is an emergency at your home. .Woodenly, I followed this stranger to the distant telephone where I called the number he gave me for the Mission Hospital. My call was put through to the trauma center where I learned that my three-year-old son had been trapped underneath the automatic garage door for several minutes, and that when my wife had found him he was dead. CPR had been performed by a neighbor, who is a doctor, and the paramedics had continued the treatment as Brian was transported to the hospital. By the time of my call, Brian was revived and they believed he would live,but they did not know how much damage had been done to his brain, nor to hisheart. They explained that the door had completely closed on his little sternum right over his heart. He had been severely crushed. When I walked into the intensive care unit, nothing could have prepared me to see my little son laying so still on a great big bed with tubes and monitors everywhere. He was on a respirator. I was filled-in with the details and given a guarded prognosis. Brian was going to live, and the preliminary tests indicated that his heart was OK, two miracles in and of themselves. But only time would tell if his brain received any damage. All that night and the next day Brian remained unconscious. Finally at two o'clock that afternoon, our son reg ained consciousness and sat up uttering the most beautiful words I have ever heard spoken. He said,"Daddy hold me" and he reached for me with his little arms. By the next day he was pronounced as having no neurological or physical deficits, and the story of his miraculous survival spread throughout thehospital.
    Almost a month later to the day of the accident, Brian awoke from hisafternoon nap and said, "Sit down Mommy. I have something to tell you." Atthis time in his life, Brian usually spoke in small phrases, so to say alarge sentence surprised my wife. She sat down with him on his bed, and hebegan his sacred and remarkable story. "Do you remember when I got stuck under the garage door? Well, it was soheavy and it hurt really bad. I called to you, but you couldn't hear me. Istarted to cry, but then it hurt too bad. And then the 'birdies' came." "The birdies?" my wife asked puzzled. "Yes," he replied. "The birdies made a whooshing sound and flew into thegarage. They took care of me."
    "They did?" "Yes," he said. "One of the birdies came and got you. She came to tell you "I got stuck under the door." A sweet reverent feeling filled the room. The spirit was so strong and yet lighter than air. My wife realized that a three-year-old had no concept of death and spirits, so he was referring to the beings who came to him from beyond as "birdies" because they were up in the air like birds that fly.. "What did the birdies look like?" she asked. Brian answered, "They were so beautiful. They were dressed in white, allwhite. Some of them had green and white. But some of them had on justwhite."
    Last edited by butlers; 02-23-2007 at 08:08 AM.

WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
    I liked that

Now back to paying bills where i really cry

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Those are all too cute.. Thank you for sharing everyone!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

There was once a blind girl who hated herself for no other reason except that she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She said that if she could only see the world, she would marry her boyfriend.

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her and then she could see everything, including her boyfriend.

Her boyfriend asked her, "Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?"

The girl was shocked when she saw that her boyfriend was blind. Not wanting to be burdened by a 'blind' person, she refused to marry him.

Her loving, devoted and understanding boyfriend walked away in tears. His heart obviously broken.

The girl who had been so fortunate to have the world opened up to her, continued enjoying it; day in and day out....trying to never miss a single pleasure life had to offer.

One day she received a letter
    from her ex-boy friend which stated simply.......

"I sincerely hope you enjoy your life. Your happiness was all that ever mattered to me. I am so happy that you are enjoying life as I always hoped you could. I would like to ask one parting favor of you my dear
    ... Just take care of my eyes."