Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss I'm Going To Be By Myself in the Community Center forums; I am going to Downtown Disney sometime in March, whenever it is my sister desides she can, but the only problem is, she is dropping me off there and then ...
    Walts_Girl is offline D-Ticket Holder

Unhappy I'm Going To Be By Myself

I am going to Downtown Disney sometime in March, whenever it is my sister desides she can, but the only problem is, she is dropping me off there and then heading off to somewhere else for FOUR HOURS.
    That means FOUR great hours to spend at DD. But...It's no fun when you are by yourself.
    "We Have Created Characters And Animated Them In The Dimension Of Depth, Revealing Through Them To Our Perturbed World That The Things We Have In Common Far Outnumber And Outweigh Those That Divide Us."

-Walt Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    You can still have some fun. Look at EVERYTHING and anything you've ever wanted to but never did. Poke around, read the backs of funny things...

4 hours can go by quick. I spent 4 hours there last Thursday by myself and they went by really fast! I know you can do it.

Have a great time though! At least its still a bit of disney!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I think 4 hours would be a very good time! I would take a camera and take pictures of unique things. I dont' like to shop but I could spend over 4 hours at DD. Enjoy your time.

I have a fear of being alone. So that kinda Stinks. But you're right, reading backs of things can take up time!
    Last edited by Walts_Girl; 02-25-2007 at 11:16 PM.
    "We Have Created Characters And Animated Them In The Dimension Of Depth, Revealing Through Them To Our Perturbed World That The Things We Have In Common Far Outnumber And Outweigh Those That Divide Us."

-Walt Disney

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    it can be really nice to have "alone time"...walk around, take your time....like jeanne said you can really take a look at some things you wanted to but never did...browse around the stores...maybe have a snack and sit outside and people watch...4 hrs is quite awhile but i'm sure you'll be fine...have fun!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Thanks

-Walt Disney

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Walts_Girl View Post
    I am going to Downtown Disney sometime in March, whenever it is my sister desides she can, but the only problem is, she is dropping me off there and then heading off to somewhere else for FOUR HOURS.
    That means FOUR great hours to spend at DD. But...It's no fun when you are by yourself.
    I don't know if you're into that kind of thing or not, but I imagine you could easily kill four hours at Disney Quest. My niece and nephew both seemed to really like it.

Of course, if you're going to pay to get in there, you'll probably want to spend more than four hours. There's always the movies too.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I was in WDW for three days by myself earlier this month and I thought I would be so bored, and I had a lot of fun. It was great to go on all the rides that I wanted to and just kind of walk around and take in all the details.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Between the World of Disney and the Christmas shop you could burn up four hours easily!

If that isn't enough, go to the Virgin Megastore on the West Side. The last time I was there I spent over 2 1/2 hours in there! Make sure you start upstairs and then finish downstairs.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

I think i am gonna be ok now, My cousin wants to go......But hey! I am gonna need lots of money, last time i was there i spent almost $$80$$ in 15 minutes. CrAzY

-Walt Disney