Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss National Geographic article - Mar'07 in the Community Center forums; I couldn't find that anyone had mentioned this yet ... In the currently issue of National Geographic (March 2007), there is a feature article about Orlando and it's world of ...

Cool National Geographic article - Mar'07

I couldn't find that anyone had mentioned this yet ... In the currently issue of National Geographic (March 2007), there is a feature article about Orlando and it's world of growth outside of Disney.

I just came back from a brief visit there, and was absolutely amazed (devastated?) at the tremendous growth and development of large areas - especially areas along I-4 very close to my resort.

Please read the article:

The Theme-Parking, Megachurching, Franchising, Exurbing, McMansioning of America ... How Walt Disney Changed Everything

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    i finished reading that article last night, i think it paint a very black picture of the area. I've not been to Florida for years, and i'm not really worried its gonna be lots of traffic problems and stuff next year when i visit.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants