Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Anyone Live in the Charlotte Area? in the Community Center forums; So... the big news of the day is that my husband and I have decided to move to the Charlotte area. I'll have a lot more opportunity for advancement being ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Anyone Live in the Charlotte Area?

So... the big news of the day is that my husband and I have decided to move to the Charlotte area. I'll have a lot more opportunity for advancement being there (my company is head quartered there) and I think it will be better for our son growing up as well. Of course this means I'll be more like 10 hours from the magic instead of 2 but I can deal with that. The big motivator is the real estate costs being so incredibly low up that way. We're looking at houses in Concord mainly and it's unbelievable how much more house we can get for our budget.

Anyway, I was just curious if any of my DWT friends make their homes in Charlotte. Would love to catch up with you!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    i grew up in durham, and now live in maryland, but i wanted to say that charlotte is a wonderful place to live - especially to raise a family - so best of luck!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I am about 4 hours from Charlotte. But I know that is a nice area.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

That's where Bobby lives! Also my SIL who is a member here (but hardly ever posts), Poohs Gurl. Want directions to Bobby's house?

We may even end up down there Jenn....Jim has been looking into some job opportunities there as well! How soon are you guys moving?

I get so excited when Melissa talks about moving!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    I get so excited when Melissa talks about moving!!!

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Why?
    Cause, moving closer to Disney and to me!
    Um, and the weather isn't like it is up there, so we might not get as many - dang this snow - kinda posts....hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    Cause, moving closer to Disney and to me!
    Um, and the weather isn't like it is up there, so we might not get as many - dang this snow - kinda posts....hee hee

Oh...okay, that makes sense!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    We may even end up down there Jenn....Jim has been looking into some job opportunities there as well! How soon are you guys moving?
    Ok that'd just be awesome! We'll move as soon as two conditions are met.

#1 - The inheritence from my grandmother's estate comes in and her house is sold

#2 - We find a house we want to buy in the Concord area

That said... the timing looks now like the estate will be closed within a few weeks (took since August when she passed) and it looks like we have an offer on the house. So... rough estimate I'll say we'll be moving in late May/early June.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe