Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss Harry Potter At IoA & Simpsons Confirmed in the Community Center forums; Look at it this way. With Universal getting something as big as Harry Potter, that means Disney REALLY, REALLY, REAAAAAAAALLY (I can't put enough emphasis on it) needs to step ...
    Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Look at it this way. With Universal getting something as big as Harry Potter, that means Disney REALLY, REALLY, REAAAAAAAALLY (I can't put enough emphasis on it) needs to step it up with something massive. Universal getting the rights the Harry Potter is a bigger blow to Disney than Universal opening in the first place. This is benneficial to us because Disney is going to have to -- and will -- crank out some awesome rides just to compete. I'm not a Potter fan so I don't care about the Universal deal, but I love how I get to reep the bennefits of Disney trying to counter the massive threat that is Potter at Universal. I am hoping rumors that never came true (Villains Mountain, Beastly Kingdom, etc.) will be unleashed to help soften the blow.

Even if you aren't a big Harry Potter fan, this is a huge blessing in disguise for Disney fans when it comes to getting some awesome new E-Tickets. The only bad part is we lost the Kuka Robocoaster technology for the next 10 years, but we will make up for it.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    NO! They can't remove Back To The Future, I loved that ride. This is like when they removed the Ghost Busters attraction. I haven't been to universal in about five years, but I would love to ride Back to the Future one more time. Is it shut already?

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Yep. It's shut. Never to reopen again.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    NOT BACK TO THE FUTURE!! That was the main reason to even go to Universal. One of the best movies. Big mistake on their part. Oh well helps disney
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

It's official. They announced The Simpsons for Orlando and Hollywood today.

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I haven't been to Universal in a long time, but we'll be going in February during our Disney trip. Could there be soft openings of the Simpsons' ride by that time? I'm also excited about the Harry Potter land, though I know that won't be there for several years.

On a related note, why does everyone immediately dismiss Universal? I'm a huge Disney fan and go often, but not everything Disney does is so great. This is the company that produced Stitch's Great Escape, Primeval Whirl, and the dull stunt show while removing or destroying some of its best attractions. I realize that Universal isn't going to match Disney's theming, but it does have some good rides too.

And like another poster said, the competition is very positive and will lead to better attractions at both parks!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I realize this might not be the smartest question, but why did Universal Sutdios Get harry potter instead of WD? I had heard that it was offered to WD first.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

I've since found out that Universal getting Harry Potter is leading to Disney getting some upgrades to some franchises they do business with. It's being known as the Potter Swatter. Expect a little somethin' somethin' from Indiana Jones and Star Wars. Also, Pixar is going to be making it's presence known in the soon to be Disney-Pixar Studios with a Cars attraction using technology similar to Test Track.

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    the simpsons charatars have been spoted around unversial park now.

Also i truely hate to say this but beastly kingdom most likely will never happen anytime soon unless one the Chronical of Narnia Movies hit it big. I really hate saying that cause i love the idea.
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12