Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Harry Potter At IoA & Simpsons Confirmed in the Community Center forums; I'm not supposed to be letting the cat out of the bag just yet but I just got confirmation of a Harry Potter ride. The project is called Strongarm and ...
    Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder

Harry Potter At IoA & Simpsons Confirmed

I'm not supposed to be letting the cat out of the bag just yet but I just got confirmation of a Harry Potter ride. The project is called Strongarm and the ride will be located in the Lost Continent area of IoA. By the time the ride opens in 2010 the Lost Continent will have allegedly turned into a Harry Potter themed land if all goes as planned. The Harry Potter themed land is not 100% confirmed, but the ride is a done deal. The ride will be a Robocoaster on a track dark ride that is supposed to surpass the Spider-Man technology. If everything ends up how it is supposed to the Lost Continent will be entirely Harry Potter themed. Fury will be turned into an attraction relating to the Chamber of Secrets and Sinbad is supposedly going to be demolished to put project Strongarm in it's place. I am not a Harry Potter fan at all. I think it is the most overrated thing in the word, but I've been waiting for a Robocoaster ride for awhile now. Should be a fun ride at least.

Universal is set to make an announcement of the Simpsons replacing Back to the Future in 2008. The Simpson characters were in the parks the other day filming promotional material. I'm not a big fan of the Simpsons either but the ride is supposed to be gutted and replaced with smoother technology. BTTF was simulated by hydrolics, Simpsons will be simulated using the air technology.

Just thought I'd pass it along. I'll try to answer any questions but obviously can not give away sources for obvious reasons.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

EastonDenton is offline C-Ticket Holder
    How awesome would that be?!!
    It's a good thing!

What will happen to dueling dragons??? and the flying unicorn??? DONT TAKE AWAY MY ICE DRAGON!!!!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    It all sounds very interesting!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    I'm not supposed to be letting the cat out of the bag just yet but I just got confirmation of a Harry Potter ride. The project is called Strongarm and the ride will be located in the Lost Continent area of IoA. .
    What is IoA? I don't think I have ever heard of that or a Lost Continent area. Why would HP be coming to DW?
    Dreams Really Do Come True

IoA is Islands of Adventure. If it was Disney I would have posted it in a Disney section. There isn't a UO section so I just put it in here. lol

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

Quote Originally Posted by dznyfreak42 View Post
    What will happen to dueling dragons??? and the flying unicorn??? DONT TAKE AWAY MY ICE DRAGON!!!!
    Dueling Dragons will stay. Apparently there are Dragons in Harry Potter? I dunno, I've never read the books or seen the movies. I heard DD will 100% be staying. Flying Unicorn is up in the air at this point. It's not really something that should be there permantely.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Dueling Dragons will stay. Apparently there are Dragons in Harry Potter? I dunno, I've never read the books or seen the movies. I heard DD will 100% be staying. Flying Unicorn is up in the air at this point. It's not really something that should be there permantely.
    There are lots of Dragons in HP, so that ride will fit in the area. There are Unicorns in the books too, so they could leave that ride and it will fit the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    There are lots of Dragons in HP, so that ride will fit in the area. There are Unicorns in the books too, so they could leave that ride and it will fit the theme.
    theres unicorns?
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    yep in the woods when voldimort is drinking the unicorns blood.

And this is great for universal but not so for disney i love disney and i only like universal. and this is going be huge. but i guessing disney will think of something to get way ahead of universal
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    They already are way ahead of Universal. No matter how many new attractions Universal gets Disney will always be ahead, not only because of the attractions they have, but because of their attention to detail and guest friendly approach. Theres those intangibles that Disney has that nobody else does that keeps them on top. Let Universal have Harry Potter because Disney will still have the real magic!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Okay, so I feel like a complete idiot. Luckily nicks10 mentioned Universal. I obviously have never been there because I was very lost but I love Harry Potter and wanted so desperately for it to come to Disney! Anytime we go to Orlando we always go to Disney. I have never wanted to waste my time or money anywhere else. I might have to trek it over to Universal though to visit Harry.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Universal is horrible compared to Disney. Absolutely horrible. A lot of it has to do with guest interaction.

In other news...
    [A Disney bash overheard behind us on Maelstrom]
    "Well, Disney sure ain't no Six Flags."

That's for **** sure. Thank God.

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    i would be try so hard not to yell if i heard that 6 flags = thrills and nothing else
    WDW= anything you can image
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I Hate Harry Potter so i am mad about that but i love the Simpsons so im looking forward to that .
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast